Problem with "Move to Train" in TRS2019

Robertbc6

Hi,

I am running TRS2019 SP1 (105096). I am trying to change drivers in DRIVE mode. The problem is that only a maximum of three drivers are fully listed. If I want to change out one of those drivers, or any other drivers on a layout, I need to choose the train, and then hit the plus sign at the bottom left of the drivers screen, and choose another driver. Then I can choose another driver, the cursor changes to a plus sign, I choose the train I want to change the driver on, click enter, and nothing happens! Or I can choose the train, get the driver off the train, and then the train becomes a consist, and the driver commands are unavailable. I'm sure that there is a simple answer to this issue, but I don't seem to be able to find it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob Morrison

Have you scrolled down the driver list? If a train already has a driver you can not add another driver. The commands belong to the driver not the consist.

@stagecoach,

That I understand, but if I get the driver off the train, and it simply becomes a consist, is there any way to make it a train again?

Check your driver setup settings.

I have the following setup and I can setup drivers galore with only these two items checked:

Remove all existing Drivers first.

Focus camera on first Driver.

John,

This is all done in surveyor, right? I'm trying to figure out what the "get off train" and "move to train" do in Driver. If they have no legitimate function, why are they there?

Bob

@stagecoach,

That I understand, but if I get the driver off the train, and it simply becomes a consist, is there any way to make it a train again?

Select a driver and move to train. If you want a driver to keep commands then use move to train at TM.

@stagecoach,

Two things:
1) What is TM?
2) What I tried to explain is that if I have a driver get off a train, it is no longer a train, but a consist, so the move to train command no longer exists. So how do I move a driver to a consist? Or, n how do I change a consist back into a train?

Bob

John,

This is all done in surveyor, right? I'm trying to figure out what the "get off train" and "move to train" do in Driver. If they have no legitimate function, why are they there?

Bob

The setup is done in your session-editor, so yeah in Surveyor. This does, however, affect Driver with the ability to move drivers between locomotives.

Move to train does just that in Driver. You take any driver, one could be sitting idle in another locomotive, and move him to the engine you want him to drive. Get off train does that just as well. With some locomotives, you can power them down. I do that then un-assign the driver for use later on. The un-assigned driver will show up in the available driver's list without a locomotive and no train assigned, or something worded to that affect.

I use the Move to train function all the time when driving a two locomotive freight consist on my busy Gloucester Terminal Electric route. I'll place a switcher on each end of a freight consist I want to switch just as the local Providence and Worcester does on the Northeast Corridor in Connecticut. I'll uncouple the lead locomotive, use the move to train and reassign the driver to the back engine. The back engine then couples on to the freight cars in the industry, pulls them out and couples on to the waiting locomotive then pushes in the freight cars to be emptied. Once everything is switched, I move the driver to the lead locomotive and continue down the line to the next industry.

@stagecoach,

Two things:
1) What is TM?
2) What I tried to explain is that if I have a driver get off a train, it is no longer a train, but a consist, so the move to train command no longer exists. So how do I move a driver to a consist? Or, n how do I change a consist back into a train?

Bob

TM = trackmark. Select a driver in the drivers list and the third box says move to destination and then point to the loco and click on it. The move to train at TM will retain driver commands that are left.

Back