Why does Trainz 2019 keep crashing to desktop on some of my custom routes?

You know, speaking of trees, I got down to thinking, and I think I may have pinned a possible cause for the crashes on my end.

Both crashes happened on a route made for TS12, and it has ALOT of billboard trees. My theory is that SP1 broke them even more to the point of causing instability. After all, before SP1, billboard trees were transparent.

Ia m having a crash to desktop issue but it seems to be coming from installing deicastgalore's empire builder passenger equipment in trainz 2019 platnium. In regular trainz 19 I don't have this problem whenever I select them it does not matter if in stalled from dls or imported in to trainz 19 platnium. when ever I tried to select them be it surveyor, asset preview, or the collection it crashes to desktop. Trying to defrag my train hard drive and running database repair nothing seems to work yet in regular trainz 19 it they work fine.

Try an EDR. Press CTRL when selecting the Repair database at the same time and see if that helps.

trying that as we speak but i've never seen this happen even the former carrabasset passenger which are reskins are crashing to desktop also. However the customs skins I have for mopac seem to work and render just fine. Tried diecastgalore's meshes in the meshviewer tool from pevsoft they show up fine when I try to load them up in game CTD.

trying that as we speak but i've never seen this happen even the former carrabasset passenger which are reskins are crashing to desktop also. However the customs skins I have for mopac seem to work and render just fine. Tried diecastgalore's meshes in the meshviewer tool from pevsoft they show up fine when I try to load them up in game CTD.

It sounds like something's corrupt somewhere beyond what Trainz can handle. A bad mesh most likely. The only thing you can do is download the Diecastgalore again from scratch, including replacing any dependencies and see if it works. If this works, try this again with your other content. Your own content will need to be restored from backup.

I've had this happen recently and it's quite annoying.

tried the extendend database repair the tried to preview and eb asset and it work then tried again with a different railcar from the same series crash to desktop. This frustrates me as with my installs my data folder contain nearly 2-3TB's of stuff.

Deleted all of the content from related to the diecastgalore's EB passengers cars and went thru the whole process again no dice CTD again and again.cleared cache and every thing multiple EDR's still nothing.

it may well be worth running onyx for mac, its free and I've found that on one or two occasions it has sorted out niggling trainz issues for me . it would speed up your iMac if nothing else.

I just tried it on a clean install of trainz 19 platnium with new data folder nothing else installed and with the EB cars CTD

Tried again with a seperate clean install on different pc and tried to download the passenger same damn bloody problem I might just give up on these darn things.

I've been having CTDs occur randomly for some time. Another fault was that when rebooting I would get weird colouration of any image. Recently this got worse with unstable pix probably not synching but I normally run with non sync vert.

My current resolution settings are:
43inch AndroidTV has an HDMI port that I'm using for my PC monitor and can accept up to 4K images.
I'm currently running Trainz at 2560 x 1440 30Hz half synch. with full ultra performance settings.
Apart from a slight stuttering looks good and could probably go to full 4k without degradation.
Incidentally this is with a pair of ancient GTX760Ti GPUs running quite cool.

Well today I installed NVidia's latest driver and voila every thing came right.

I've been hammering it today in CM downloading from DLS and I've done thousands of assets without any problems.

Ian

still having CTD's with diecastgalore's eb cars and have another user with the same problem with build number 105100. however the locomotives and mail storage boxcar render in fine.

The CTD with those cars is fixed in Trainz Plus and will be fixed int he next update for Platinum and TRS19 owners (coming soon).

what's an ATLS controller? Sorry, I don't understand a lot of this but I have the exact same problem, and I have since trainz 2019's release. I just wanna fix it.

Back