TANE And Subpar productions locomotives

Hello, i am new here. I just purchased TANE, i love it. I am interested in some of those Subpar 2ft gauge locos, it seems people have managed to use them in TANE, just wondering, is this still possible? And where can i download them and how do i get them to work?

It is highly likely that the items you want are on the DLS (Down Load Station) which is freely available to all registered Trainz users. Your copy of TANE Content Manager will automatically download these items BUT you must be a REGISTERED USER first. Please register your copy of TANE and enter your registration details into the program.

When that happens, you will be able to download items and "TANE" will appear on your header line at the top of each message you post so that everyone else will also know that you are a registered legal owner of TANE.

Please click the Register link at the top of this page.

Last edited:
AFAIK Ben only has 3 24in gauge locos on his site. DHR #31 - a Beyer Garratt, the Gilpin #2 - a B 20-2 Shay and a generic B 20-2 Shay.
The DHR #31 and the Gilpin #2 are on the DLS for download by registered Trainz owners. A few repaints and mods by others on there to. There are 2 available on the DLS that were upgraded for TS12 so probably they will work out of the box so to speak:
<kuid:425700:100913> 24 DHR Loco D31 TS12
<kuid:445923:100193> Gilpin 2 Russell TS12

I've modified all of mine from d'lds from Ben's site. They are still available there. I have both of them and the generic 2'ng Shay running in TANE. I use my own scripts and especs and modifications to the configs starting way back so I can't say for sure what is actually necessary or not to get them to work in TANE. But the 2 updates on the DLS should at least load and run.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
railfan --

If it is the 30in NG locomotives that you be looking for I have several of Ben's on the Download Station that have been modified to work in TANE and TRS19.

Search with philskene as the author.

railfan --

If it is the 30in NG locomotives that you be looking for I have several of Ben's on the Download Station that have been modified to work in TANE and TRS19.

Search with philskene as the author.

Phil, I'm trying to find a fix for Bens C18 engines , they have a faulty bogie,, <kuid:96914:50182> any suggestions as to a substitute to get them running ?

Dan,

I have been able to repair that bogey. The error I got was a missing texture file. The fix proved relatively simple. I opened the bogey and his K-27 driver asset (96914:50460) for editing and copied the engine 'engine_black_dk.texture.txt' and 'engine_'black_dk.tga' files from that asset to the folder for the C-18 bogey. I then renamed 'engine_black_dk.texture.txt' to 'engine_black.texture.txt'. Submitted the edits and the asset was good to go.

Hope that helps.

Paul :)

Phil, I'm trying to find a fix for Bens C18 engines , they have a faulty bogie,, <kuid:96914:50182> any suggestions as to a substitute to get them running ?
Dan, this is one of Ben's invisible bogeys. The fix above should work. But any available one like the built-in <kuid:-25:622> invisible bogey should work just as well. That bogey is an antique but used by a lot of content. All my K&L payware and some of Ben's locos I have use it.

Bob Pearson

PS Just check my own mod of this bogey and I used a 'b2' bogey from 1 of his x-x-0 locos and copied and pasted the black.bmp and engine_black.texture.txt files into the C-18 invis bogey similar to Paul's fix.

Last edited:
Back