Dual Monitor Settings

Forester1

Hi! I have the opportunity to pick up a second monitor and I am wondering what the best settings would be for 2019? Right now with a single wide-screen I have everything set to ultra, and all the PostFX and other options checked, but I think that all-out max type of setup isn't the best even for a single monitor. Postings I have seen mention some settings actually work better on high, or that PostFX actually detracts? And, I don't want to cook my graphics card if I go to two monitors with everything set to max either.
So I would like to hear recommendations for:
- The Trainz settings on the Launch window
- The settings on the main menu
- Any tips on settings for the Graphics card indicated below
- Any other tips someone might give. I have noticed some people's screenshots where 2019 and T:ANE both look absolutely lifelike, but I haven't been able to match that at all.
- Also curious, if I take screenshots are they going to be double-wide screenshots? I don't think I have ever seen any of those posted. Or, do they only screenshot the main screen?

Resolution will be 1920x1080 times 2

Machine is Alienware Aurora Intel Core I7 8700 3.2Ghz 16GB RAM Nvidia GEForce GTX1080 16GB

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Not sure what your objectives are. If you just want a second monitor for browsing, try using the onboard video (if any). This should not cnange the load on your graphics card. (Admission: I have never actually tried this:cool:.

The video card should have at least two HDMI ports on the back. Plug the second monitor into a free HDMI port. Press the "Windows" key and the "P" key together. You should get a list with four choices. Choose "Extend". Put Trainz program on one monitor and anything else on other monitor.

So... You guys are saying that Trainz 2019 doesn't work with two monitors? Oh well, it was a an exciting thought there for a while. Thanks for your responses!

Any tips on the Trainz settings would still be appreciated, even on one window. Thanks!

TRS19 will take a wide aspect screen shot but it seem to limit the width.

https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/24097/screenshots/166113/800/Screenshot-test.jpg

I assume you can use a third party program to get the whole shot at full resolution. Snagit is my program of choice but there are plenty of free programs.

What I do is run Trainz in window mode by unchecking full screen and then stretching the window over both my monitors. This allows me to continue to use my monitors normally when not in Trainz as two separate screens. That is what the extend function mentioned above does. I have a 1050 TI card and both monitors are plugged into it. I don't really notice a difference in performance when stretching the Trainz window.

Here are my settings.

https://www.screencast.com/t/comryRzycn

William

Here is a full window capture in Snagit.

https://www.screencast.com/t/HGAU2T7dwL9Z

Last edited:
So... You guys are saying that Trainz 2019 doesn't work with two monitors? Oh well, it was a an exciting thought there for a while. Thanks for your responses!

Any tips on the Trainz settings would still be appreciated, even on one window. Thanks!

I never said it could not be done. I suggested a way to use 2 monitors without loading your video card more heavily.

Much appreciated pitkin. I don't think I was very clear on my original post. I wanted to stretch 2019 across both monitors but di not know how, and you are correct, it is probably a lot more load on the graphics card, which is why I was looking for settings advice. I don't want to burn up a card!

Back