Problem with Junctions after save

rmdk

Trainz 106618: Trainz Plus

Recently I am having issues with junctions derailing, then deleting parts of consists after saving, closing Trainz, then reopening. Is it just me or is anyone else having a similar problem?

This doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally.

Could this be a problem with certain rolling stock etc?

When Trainz is open I have deleted missing and faulty assets, done a full database repair etc. but the problem persists, albeit randomly.

It can become quite frustrating at times.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :wave:

Russell

Good Afternoon Russell
Is the train an AI train, or a train that you are driving yourself?

Is the train sitting on top of the junction when you save, exit, and re-load?

Is the junction being set by a rule, or an AI train, or are you manually setting this junction in the session?

Regards

Hello Zec,

The trains are all AI.

Yes, I think the trains are sitting on junctions when I save.

AI is controlling all junctions. I am not interfering at all.

Thanks

Russell

I've noticed something sort of related? If you save a session then reload, and an AI was in the process of changing junctions, then if you reload the session it will fail to return the switches/junctions to where they were. This can cause issues to other AI, but more likely to yourself if you don't check. Answer, don't save when the AI is in the middle of going through junctions.

I've noticed something sort of related? If you save a session then reload, and an AI was in the process of changing junctions, then if you reload the session it will fail to return the switches/junctions to where they were. This can cause issues to other AI, but more likely to yourself if you don't check. Answer, don't save when the AI is in the middle of going through junctions.
Agreed. But, when you have many running consists here and far away, it is not practical to check on each one and see if they are over points. There has to be a better solution implemented on a next update.

Back