Can I move built in content from tane to ts2019?

Bsillett

In Tane there were some excellent built in gravestone splines by Tume (kuids 2:82412:23151:1, 2:82412:23152:1, 2:82412:23153:1, 2:82412:23154:1, 2:82412:23155:1). I have searched content manager in TS2019 but they don't show up (searched name, Kuid, author) Is there anyway of getting them. How do I move them or download them or is it impossible? Thanks.

I have never tried to move built in content between versions. The main problem, as I understand it, is that the texture files in built in assets are in a "pre-cached" format (for want of a better description) to save both time and space when loaded into a route/session. If these built ins are copied across to a new version then you will get missing or faulty texture errors.

But by all means, try it and see what happens.

I did save them as a cdp from tane and tried loading them in ts2019 but they showed up as faulty. Thanks for the reply.

Well I can't get my head around this, did what was suggested by Tony and it seemed to work. Put on of the assets into my route no problem. Go to route this morning and now the assets in question are all showing as faulty! One of them is open for editing but will do nothing when I press submit edits. I will try a database rebuild and see if that helps. In the meantime I'm stumped.

Don't submit edits. Try reverting to original is what it should be unless you altered the config file yourself.

Don't submit edits. Try reverting to original is what it should be unless you altered the config file yourself.

Tried that but they still show has faulty. Going to give up on it to be honest as yesterday I got them to show up in TS2019, but this morning they have reverted back to faulty and it has corrupted the route I was building as I cannot delete the blank spline I have been left with.

Tried that but they still show has faulty. Going to give up on it to be honest as yesterday I got them to show up in TS2019, but this morning they have reverted back to faulty and it has corrupted the route I was building as I cannot delete the blank spline I have been left with.

What are the errors? They could be easily fixed, or the asset redownloaded.

What are the errors? They could be easily fixed, or the asset redownloaded.

Errors are
VE65 texture.txt file is missing for texture resource snow/cemetery
VE65 texture.txt file is missing for texture resource summer/cemetery

The content in question was built in for Tane. I have been unable to locate them on the DLS and they are not built in for TS2019.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Errors are

The content in question was built in for Tane. I have been unable to locate them on the DLS and they are not built in for TS2019.

I don't think this asset can be fixed if it's a built-in from T:ANE. The textures are compressed in that version.

Errors are

Try this: delete the items from TRS19, close TRS19, wait a few seconds, re-open TRS19, rebuild database, close TRS19, wait, re-open TRS19 and then following the link above from Tony, redownload the TANE content. DO not open to edit any built-in or downloaded-payware.

Back