Very slow editing MCM and STT

jomabo3

Good afternoon, all.

The last few days I have troubles editing the Mission Code Manager and the Stop and Timetable Manager. Program version 106618.
Version MCM: 71.10, version STT: 70(69.0)

When I try to edit the managers, the system becomes very slow and unresponsive, and the CPU-usage is very high. The other managers of Pguy work at normal speed.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Jos

Hi Jos.

You did not tell us what has changed between the previous configuration that was working a few days ago and now. Is it that that you updated EIT - MCM and STT ? Is is that that you have updated to build 106618 ? or anything else that has changed. Other aspect is your route and session a small size configuration (a few towers and paths and mission codes and timetables) or is it a huge one (a lot of towers and paths, mission codes and timetables) ? And have you changed anything increasing a lot either the number of paths, the number of mission codes, the number of timetables ? With some numbers it may help to search in the good direction the cause of the problem …

Remember also that if you package a copy of your route and session (with also any dependencies not available on DLS) and you send me the cdp with the explanations to try to repro the problem, I will try to repro your problem on my test configuration and have a look to what may cause the problem you encounter …

But that is the first time someone reports a performance problem while editing …

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi, Pierre,
Thanks foryour help and your answer !

Yes, there was a change in my Trs2019: previousweek, around April 22, I upgraded to Plus, version 106618. But my problem began around April 28. And that’s why I didn’t think, that the problem had to do with that update. I think, that It was the first time I went to MCM since April 22….

To investigate the problem, I restored the complete Trainz from my backup to the version of April 20. That, and earlier versions gave no problems. The program version was 105096, MCM was 70.0, STTwas 70 (69.0). From that version I upgraded the version to Plus, 106618. In that version MCM becomes very slow !! The MCM is then 70.0. Via theContent Manager I updated pguy’s content to the latest state, 71.10 for MCM.

Helas, theresult: MCM is very very slow. It takes about 10 seconds to change a Followpath depth. Starting the MCM from EditSession is 10 seconds or more.
My route /session is not very small, but not very great, I think. And until now there were no performance troubles at all.

I will send the route/session to pguy. But how can I add attachment to a PM ?

Regards.
Jos

Last edited:
Back