Heliport

corvanel

Hello,
I like to fly helicopters and so far I have found only one usable helipad, Vulcan's heliport small, kuid2:60238:26215:2. The invisible track for the helicopter to sit on is above the ground, so the heli never actually sits on the ground but hangs above it, even in rest. Does anyone knows if that can be changed and if so, how. In a clone I tried to change to an other invisible track, but the same result. Of course it is not really terrible but even so.
Cornelis

Just ignore the built in track and use BNSF invisible track. You can adjust its' height to suit.

Thank you for your quick reply. But this not about the track to connect to the helipad. In the asset the height of the spline points is set at 0.34 instead of 0. That should be changed, if possible.

There are several heliports or helipads available, search heli and author Vulcan. These all act as a turntable in that they lower from flying height. They can be lowered into the ground.

Hello Cornelis,

The heliport models are very old for the early helicopters. I have had problems with transfer tables with attached track in recent builds of Trainz, the attached tracks do not always line up in the game, this is random, and the track sometimes disconnects causing derailments, so have gone away from building them now.

All my recent helicopters do not need a heliport model, I use the H key to raise the helicopter 10 metres above the track, or lower it again. Try the Robinson R44, R22, Gazelle, Piasecki H22, The Erickson or the EC 725 Caracel. There are many more available that now use the H key. They all have more realistic flight nose tilt than the early models. Please read the config description on operation.

Ian

Last edited:
Hi Ian
All models that raise or lower have that sticking problem. I have noticed that your assets that lower while rotating don't have that problem. Perhaps a slight rotation while raising or lowering would break the connection and solve the problem. A little left and right jerk at the start and end of raising and lowering. Even your boat assets detach when rotation is used instead of direct raise and lower.

Thanks Keith,

Canal lock model have the same problem, if you use visible track, as the water level lift the boat up you can see the top attached track drop of the connection and fall to the ground. Some time ago I tried to make a lateral transfer table for trams, 10 tracks if I recall. The connections sometimes worked, then randomly would not line up and the trams derailed. I know the geometry was correct but I found no solution at the time.

Ian

Hello Ian,
Thank you for your explanation. I always use the commands (not rules, sorry) you mention in the config description apart from the trigger. They work fine. But the helicopter must land at a place that is some kind of station in order to load and unload passengers. However, it is only a game. Thank you for all your contributions to Trainz, I wish I could build things myself. To late.

Back