Junction will not change

lenscab

I have a train that gets to a certain junction and just stops at the signal and the junction just will not change. There is no other train around and the track ahead is clear, so is there a way I can make the junction change please. I have read about triggers but don't know how its done.
Len

There may be several answers to this problem, @lenscab.
This is mine: I happened to have the same phenomenon, an AI-driven train refusing to continue beyond a certain point for no good reason. I repeated the session, with Message Overlay on, and up came the message: cannot plan ahead, junction missing lever.

Either the junction that your train is stopping at has lost its lever (or never had one), or another junction further down the line is lacking one. Assuming it is an editable route you have, check for missing levers, go into Surveyor and add the lever. Save and try the session again.

But as I said, there may be other answers - better ones, even.
Good luck.

It sounds like you need more signals. Put a permissive or advance signal, aka a home signal further down the tracks and see if that works.

I usually drive it manually till the loco can see its destination, at which point the fault is behind you.

I am using the signals Signal br1, br2, br3, br4, br5, br7 br8 , but what I don't know is what are they called for example which is distant sig , which is home sig and the rest.
Len

I notice Len that you have the original version of Trainz registered. The reason I say this is this version (Trainz 1.3) contained in it's installation files an introduction to how the default signals work in Trainz, especially the BR style signals you mentioned you're working with (I presume they are) - this guide stopped being included in later versions of Trainz for some reason despite being extremely useful.

If you don't have Trainz 1.3 installed, try installing it if you can and see if the document (it's called 'Train 1.3 Signalling.doc' in the Docs folder of Trainz 1.3) is there. If it isn't, I could just email it to you if you'd like (I just checked my old 1.3 installation on an old hard drive and it's there). :)

Thanks for your replies. I did not really understand the video but the bible was more helpful and much appreciated.
I am running Trainz plus and do not have 1.3 installed and the more info I get the more I can understand and learn so I would be grateful if you would send it to me please. I will send you a private message with my email. thanks once again.
Coming back to my original reason for the post. I tried all ways but could not get the junction to change so in the end I had to put a trigger in telling it to change.
Bye for now.
Len

Back