Several Scenarios Corrupted after Upgrading to Gold

Alan23

OK, I decided I would try the gold membership for a month. I found there were some files to download when I started Trainz 2019 afterwards. I unfortunately gave the go ahead to download them. When I tried to play some of the scenarios, I found that they did not behave as before. One example was Cornish Mainline where you take a semi-express to Penzance. Once loaded the whistle blows and then it shortly thereafter displays a mission failed. There are about 5 seconds between the whistle going off and the failed mission sign. I double checked with players on youtube to see if I was doing something silly yet they did nothing different. They access the train and drive off. The computer takes control of my train just after the whistle to give me the failed sign. I have other scenarios where I am just dropped in the corner of the map and not given the assigned train. I have to hunt for it over the entire route. No consists are assigned drivers or instructions in the entire scenario. Never experienced such a complete fiasco. I did a complete data base rebuild but no luck. I tried to get a ticket to get help from Auran but no ticket option appears, just a list of non-useful suggestions.
So do I remove gold membership? Do I uninstall the game and reinstall it? Everything I purchased was done on Steam and they are usually reliable in reloading games. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

One other possibility is the settings have changed that could affect the scenarios but no clue which ones.

Probably need to use the Content store button and check for updates, seem to remember the Cornwall route was one that had an update.

Regarding the helpdesk, login, click troubleshooter then the general or other option and you get to an actual report page.

I have no idea how to access the update option. Would you mind telling me which buttons to press from the home page? For some reason I find this website very difficult to follow.

I have no idea how to access the update option. Would you mind telling me which buttons to press from the home page? For some reason I find this website very difficult to follow.

Content store...

Update tab on right.

Update buttons for each route you have installed. Click on one at a time.

Once done, I recommend running a database repair.

Sadly I have no idea how to get to those buttons from the home screen.
I have in front of me Home, Buy Trainz, Buy First Class Ticket, Collections, DLC, FAQ's, My Downloads and My Trainz. No mention of Download Store on my Home Page screen.

One more thought.

-Go into your My Trainz account.
-On the upper left quadrant, do you have a My Memberships selection under Profile?

If you do, open that up, and choose Manage Content Vault.

-Click on Select for all items.

The status will change to Access Granted.

-Wait a minute...

-Back at the Launcher, click Content Store and download.

This will give you all the downloads available for the Plus membership.

If there's nothing, contact the helpdesk.

Under my membership I have the following options shown below: I selected content vault and then Cornish Main Line which now gives me access. Since I paid for it already I feel like it is a slap in the face. However, I will find out later if this works or if I need to reinstall Trainz as this is not the only scenario that is not working properly since downloading the Gold Content. Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it. (took 4 tries to get the right code...sigh)

UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD
CHANGE MEMBERSHIP

DOWNLOAD PRODUCTS

I did click the button for Cornish Mainline and when I entered my game, the screen faded to black before even putting the game had even started. So I do not know what has happened but many of my scenarios appear corrupt or semi-functional. Trying gold membership appears to have been a disaster for me. I have filed a ticket but I do not expect a solution other than reinstall. I will not download unknown content from Auran again.

I will have to wait for someone to tell me to reinstall. Nearly all of the scenarios I have tried started with me being placed off the map and with no train allocated. In fact no consists have drivers allocated or with instructions. Cannot play Trainz until it is fixed. The scenarios that did work after a fashion showed some other problems. Worst case fading to black at the start to having a signal that stays red and stops the game if you cross it. I have tried some of these scenarios before and they did work so I am certain my game is now corrupted in some way. FYI, this is the only game I have on Steam that is this way and only after Gold membership. No idea what files I loaded from Auran. I feel like an idiot for not checking first.

If you're running the Steam version, then that isn't the Gold Edition (and could explain the issues you're having). The Gold edition you downloaded is 105100 and you can then update it to 106618. Please confirm which version you're using.

I would suggest reinstalling and starting again as it sounds like you've got bits and pieces mixed up from different builds. With missing content there will be lots of problems.

The situation is beyond my understanding. I uninstalled Trainz from Steam and reloaded. I got the same damaged situation as I had before. It seems they store your game as it was when you uninstalled it. If I start a scenario on the Cornish main line it will play the introduction but as soon as it is time for the player to actually drive the train it take away the controls and then announces a failed scenario. When I boot up the program it mentions that one or more developer settings are active. I have used the developer options to check frame rate. However it is possible that I have done something that is causing all the scenarios to crash effectively. I do get a display at the top of the screen saying it is compiling script from within the scenario. My only thought now is to delete the game from Steam and use the Gold download option. Anyone have a clue what is going on with my game?

May have found the problem. I noticed I was getting a disk dangerously full flag. This surprised me as I still have 300 Gb on my gamebdrive. I noticed my C drive which is purely a Windows drive was close to full. I could not find any reason for it. I looked at Trainz install menu and noticed it was loading data into a hidden folder on my c drive. I am now cleaning up my c drive. I am a steam user. In steam I use my D drive and everything is loaded there. Auran for some unknown reason completely ignores the steam info and loads everything into the c drive. Now I know I can delete and put everything in d. Hopefully this fixes the issues.

Back