TRS19 Healesville, Loco derails at zero (0) mph!

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
I am going to submit a bug report. But I've talked about this problem in T:ane. However in that version the train only derails at Lilydale if, and ONLY if, the session has been saved before getting there and later reloaded to continue. However, sadly TRS19 has killed this lovely route for me by derailing the train on a fresh run through, and this time (second test) the loco had come to a halt and not attempted to reverse. I'm liking T:ane way better I'm afraid.

Now-getting-beyond-silly.-Derailed-whilst-stationary%21-Just-about-to-reverse%2C-but-didn%27t-get-that-far..jpg

I shake my head. Haven't gotten to the bottom of this yet, but didn't anyone test routes before importing them into TRS19? Maybe the latest is due to an update but could someone please explain this. The gates blocking the tracks for road crossings - 2 at Lilydale and one on the Cave Hill siding do NOT open! You have to crash right through them. This is, as I easily found, is due to the fact the ATLS Controller now needs a name. Apparently "Trigger 567" is not acceptable, but being payware, guess what? I can't change it. Please tell me there is a solution to this, or am I the only one to come across this oddity? Back to Tane for now.

No, I honestly don't think N3V tests sessions at all. I've had too many with flaws. The brand new "TRS19" version of Tidewater has flaws (the Mac version seems to be worse) which I documented here and it did not get fixed. It was released with flaws. A Mac user has worse issues with it. (I have Tidewater as part of my N3V Gold/Plus program.)
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...water-2-0-comments-issues-(beta-preview-pass)

I can't tell you how many sessions I have found that don't work properly in TRS19. I conclude that no one runs most "payware" sessions. They get the route and must do their own thing. I also conclude that N3V doesn't seemingly care at all whether sessions work or not. I've submitted bug reports, nothing happens. To be clear, this is on sessions that come with N3V payware. The sessions are part of a route that people pay for.

Having sessions that don't work doesn't bug me that much. I can fix them or just do my own sessions. But, what does bother me is that N3V doesn't seem to understand that this will drive away their new users and additional revenue.

Hi Alikiwi
I'm honestly not sure what is happening here. I have done a lot of running on the built-in/DLC Healesville route (in particular in the last few weeks, including multiplayer sessions). Primarily this has been in TRS19, but I'm fairly sure I did some running in this area in TANE recently as well (and a lot of running done on it in TANE over the last few years). So far this is the only report of this occurring, including among my friends who use Healesville a LOT, which points to this either being a local issue, or a new issue (and no, we don't test every session or route in every patch of Trainz; there's simply not the manpower to do this at the moment).

That said, each session gets a lot of internal and external testing prior to release. Unfortunately, sometimes this testing doesn't find every issue. Especially if the issue only occurs in specific builds (most testing is done in the latest PC edition, with limited testing on Mac, due to only some of our team having access to Mac computers). But we do try to do as much testing as we can.

As to fixing sessions, if the DLC pack is provided by a 3rd party (As in the case of Tidewater) then it is up to the creator of the route/session to fix the issues. As to how long it takes for the fix to be received by us, and then an update created and tested, that is hard to say. So unfortunately in some cases an update may take some time to be released if it takes a long time for us to receive a fix from the creator; and in some cases packaging and testing may have to wait for our team to finish other higher priority tasks.

For the gates, I am currently looking into a potential fix for this for TRS19 (they should be fine in TANE). Unfortunately the ATLS system did not 'transfer' well into TRS19, and this has resulted in the gates not working correctly. The current option I'm looking at is to release updates for the built-in sessions to resolve this, and release a 'base' session that others can clone to make their own new sessions, but I can't say when I'll be able to get this done as I have a lot of different projects on the go, and this has not been something I've had a chance to look at properly yet. But that's mainly because I'm doing this in my free time, and I try to focus as much of that free time as I can on things that I want to do at that time.

Regards
Zec

Hi Alikiwi
-snip-
That said, each session gets a lot of internal and external testing prior to release. Unfortunately, sometimes this testing doesn't find every issue. Especially if the issue only occurs in specific builds (most testing is done in the latest PC edition, with limited testing on Mac, due to only some of our team having access to Mac computers). But we do try to do as much testing as we can.
-snip-
Regards
Zec

Zec.. you say that "each session Gets a lot of internal and external testing"?? Please note my original post in this thread:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...water-2-0-comments-issues-(beta-preview-pass)

I beg of you. Run the session and see if you can get down that track. I reported this before it's release during Preview Pass in that linked thread. If "a lot" of internal testing is done how did this get missed? If "a lot" of external testing is done (and Tony even replied to post our found problems to that thread) and reported by external users, why was this released in a broken state? This session cannot be completed as delivered. Mac users have reported other issues with the trackage. New users will buy '19, get Tidewater, be unable to use it, and leave the franchise. How is that helping? These things should work before release.

My point is, isn't it hurting you in the long run? I don't care about sessions myself. But newbies do. I say, if you cannot provide sessions that work then just don't provide sessions. Sell the route only and be done with it.

I'm honestly not aiming to be a pain here... but there are just simply too many sessions that cause frustrations for the new user and they don't have a clue how to fix or handle them.

Firstly I appreciate Zec's reply. It seems to me an easy fix regarding the gates. The ATLS controller simply needs to be named, or at least that's what it says in the info on it. That's a route layer action that is required. As for the derailing, if I'm the only one who suffers this both in T:and and TRS19 that's seriously weird. I need to do some more testing but it's looking like the reverse of Tane. In that game, saving the session prior to the crash zone causes the crash. In TRS19 (only tried 3 times so far) it appears driving without saving causes a crash, but SAVING then continuing doesn't. That's highly illogical especially for computer programming. I will test some more and report here. I'm wondering if it's something odd in my session itself, which I transferred to TRS19. I may have to create a new one from scratch and see if it repeats this issue.

I do worry and sympathise with 1611mac, there are lots of basic issues that must drive a few of the silent majority who use Trainz but not these forums, away. I might "bitch" from time to time, but I only want to see things fixed and improved to keep this game going and the company making a profit. I shall make a new session, and see if the derailing problem repeats or not and let you know.

I will test some more and report here. I'm wondering if it's something odd in my session itself, which I transferred to TRS19. I may have to create a new one from scratch and see if it repeats this issue.

I've run into this before when there was a traincar on the wrong layer and didn't show up in the session but was found on the route. This would cause trains placed in the same location to derail.

If there's something there already, it may show up was red.

I've looked at that but only my own derailed engine is red. Still testing, but a brand new session running back and forth at Lilydale has so far not repeated this problem. I shall report back again, but is looking like my session may have a corruption in it, but I've never had a CTD in a session, only when editing routes.

Well I'm still scratching my head, really bad habit. However I tried Zec's suggestion and drove the loco through the setup minus the consist. Did not derail. I decided for some strange reason to suspect stopping after exiting road 4 on 2nd road with the last wagon on or very near switch Lilydale 15 may be the cause. I really don't know why given this switch is NOT being changed, but at this point Lilydale 20 is to allow access to the 3rd road. The instant I hit reverse seems to cause the derailment.

Moved trackmark further away and a trigger, also lined them up to trip at exact same time. Drove train with consist through the session, no derailment! Lilydale 15 now appears the culprit . Drove it again, and ensured the last wagon still caused Lilydale 15 to be locked, and sadly, no derailment???

So, I tried this yet again, and made sure I didn't trip the trackmark (stop) or the trigger and was smack over the icon for Lilydale 15. Hit reverse, no derailment, UNTIL I realised Lilydale 20 was not st to right now and required me to manually do so. DERAILED instantly. No explain that one to me?

Back