Question on reskins

If you reskin something, how would it be possible to release it? I want to reskin some platform number boards for Union Station, it are the ones by honeymonster1971, could I be able to release if I give credit to the original creator?

There is a license section in the config file. If it says that you can release it, you can release it. If it does not explicitly say that you can, you have to reach out to the person who did make it & ask their permission.

peter

... are the ones by honeymonster1971, could I be able to release if I give credit to the original creator?

The first step is always to obtain permission for the original creator - in this case honeymonster1971. The first place to look would be in the config.txt file of the original asset. Some creators will have a "Licence" tag that will state their policy on reskinning or modifications. If not check the "description" tag. If neither of those provide an answer then you should contact them directly - either a PM through these forums or an email if they have provided an email address. No response to a PM or email means NO permission.

If permission is granted then you can upload your reskin but it is always a good idea to give an acknowledgement to the original creator in your asset description.

Both N3V and the members of these forums will come down "hard" on uploaders who use others work without permission.

PS: The last posting in these forums by honeymonster1971 was over 6 years ago, not a good sign.

Last edited:
Back