texture.txt files missing for .texture's??

neilkitt

Long Live the Dash 8
I am seeing many faulty files in TRS19 content manager that all have the error "The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource '*filename*.texture'." I might just not understand the purpose of texture.txt files, but I thought they were to let .tga files run in Trainz.

So far I have been able to use Images2TGA to convert the .texture files into .tga files and create the texture.txt files Trainz had wanted, but for some of the .texture files I try to open, Images2TGA just shows a tiny window (presumably error message) that says " lr " in the title bar and just has an 'okay' button in the window. This is especially weird because it only happens for some .texture files and not others. It could be a limitation caused by running Images2TGA through Wine software to work on my Mac, but I don't really know. Any help would be really appreciated.

You might be better to revert those faulty files. Can you provide an asset kuid of one you have marked faulty?

A couple I've been trying to fix are:
(TS12) Grass Dead Green Broad <kuid:103475:37013>
RTS - Industrial Building no.1 <kuid:59940:20502>
Both Modified, Faulty, Payware - they were unknown in TRS19 and default in TANE so I imported them from a CDP.
I don't remember if they were open for edit when I got to them, but I have reverted them at some point. It might be something about importing them from TANE to TRS19 that caused the problem.

Also, this probably isn't related, but a dependency for the Trainzforge Big Boy loco, <kuid2:103021:110569:1> Coupler Bogey Lower Front V2, is faulty with the error message "Alias mesh 'coupler_lower_2.lm.txt' not found in dependency <kuid2:103021:100322:2>" (Coupler Mesh Library) and it said the same thing about the mesh 'coupler_lower_2.kin'. I looked in the mesh library and found those exact two files right there in it. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

(TS12) Grass Dead Green Broad <kuid:103475:37013> from Healesville
RTS - Industrial Building no.1 <kuid:59940:20502> from ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh

Both are payware items, you can not import payware. Suggest if you have those routes installed you right click on the assets and revert to original. Images2TGA does not work on payware assets as they are locked. .texture files are created from the tga and texture.txt files in the format that Trainz uses them internally, for payware and builtins this is pre done, for DLS items and edits it's done by the game.

Suggest delete the Trainzforge stuff and try re downloading it sometimes things get corrupted, failing that if nobody has an answer, I don't have that item, contact the creator.

Okay, thanks. I had chosen not to import those routes from TANE because I pretty much only use North American stuff, that makes sense why Images2TGA won't open them.

Okay, thanks. I had chosen not to import those routes from TANE because I pretty much only use North American stuff, that makes sense why Images2TGA won't open them.

I had the problem the other way round had to re-install a couple of US routes because of two items.
The grass has an older version on the DLS, you could up-version that and the import the folder from editing which usually works, committing doesn't, it shouldn't be locked if there is a DLS version anyway! the industrial building has never been on the DLS so not a lot you can do about it. I can appreciate that the ECML route is rather large to have cluttering up a disk if you don't use it!

Last edited:
Back