Eggliner - Model Railroad Challenge

butler57

Hi all,

EGGLINER MODEL RAILROAD CHALLENGE.....

It has been while since there has been a layout challenge.

I encourage one and all to do a ONE (1) Board Model Railroad Layout using the Eggliners (any theme/region or country).

The prize for the best layout will receive a Limited Edition personalised Eggliner reskin from Eggzalent Corporation.

Maybe I can get N3V to donate a prize as well - "Hello Tony".

Also we would need 3 independent judges - nominations close on 27th April 2020.

Use this thread for nominations for Judges and to post pics etc.

The route must include the name "Eggliner" in the title and use only Eggliner rolling stock.

Completed routes will need to be on the DLS for judging by Mothers Day 10th May 2020 (Mothers Day in Australia).

Let's have some fun - perhaps your layout will encourage more one board wonders.

Hello All,

Just trying to peek interest here...Judges needed for the challenge!

The prize for the best layout will receive a Limited Edition personalised Eggliner reskin from Eggzalent Corporation.

Maybe I can get N3V to donate a prize as well - "Hello Tony".

Also we would need 3 independent judges - nominations close on 27th April 2020.

See post #1 for challenge details.

Stay safe.

It would help if you explained what an "Eggliner" is... :)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Currently there are 131 Eggliners on the DLS but you will need the First Egg (Eggliner Santa Fe) from TrainzForge for dependencies.

I have no talent for route creation but here is what I've done so far,

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:hehe:

Last edited:
Norm, that's just like the old train set I had as a kid! I HAVE to download those tracks! Do you know if they have a consist to go with it? I think we still have those in a box somewhere, my son played with them when he was little also. May be third-generation one of these days!

So the contest effectively is “build a random 1 baseboard route and add the word ‘eggliner’ to the name”?
Or am I overlooking something obvious? I mean: you can let those things drive on every route.

Don’t get me wrong; I like the idea of a route building competition set around a specific theme, but I am failing to see the specifics on this one.

Hi Oknotsen,

I thought the specifics were quite clear:

I encourage one and all to do a ONE (1) Board Model Railroad Layout using the Eggliners (any theme/region or country).
The route must include the name "Eggliner" in the title and use only Eggliner rolling stock.
Let's have some fun - perhaps your layout will encourage more one board wonders.

As the "Eggliners" are a fictional item and a "Toy" running them on any route would be fine - but in these testing times the idea of doing something different
is entertaining and helpful - so a route just for these "Toys" would make sense.
I invite you to participate or just enjoy what is created - as I and many others have enjoyed your out of the box creations over the past years.

Stay safe

Norm, that's just like the old train set I had as a kid! I HAVE to download those tracks! Do you know if they have a consist to go with it? I think we still have those in a box somewhere, my son played with them when he was little also. May be third-generation one of these days!

Search for woodville or WD on the DLS.

Note that just because I chose to use "toy" track and parts does not mean that the routes you all make need to be toys. A one baseboard route that takes advantage of the single car railroad concept could be quite creative and, given the wide variety of cars, you could set it in just about any country or theme.

Back