TRS2019 MyTrainz account not linking?

TheOwlFan

Hello i'm new to this forum and i have a problem with Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019, So i just got TRS2019 A week ago and i was going to download a route that was only available for TRS2019. When i tried to it said "unable to contact MyTrainz website" I went into the trainz settings and type my password in and username in and it said "Unable to contact MyTrainz server. Please check your internet connection is active and working." My internet is working and i typed my username and password in correctly. This doesn't happen only to TRS2019, I also have T:ANE and when i tried it on that it also said the same thing. It didn't do this before i got TRS2019 and it worked fine. This happen yesterday (4/21/2020) and i tried again today it still didn't work. I don't know if my firewall is blocking it because like i said it didn't do this to me before on T:ANE when i got TRS2019. Is the MyTrainz website server having issues? Is this also happening to people who own TRS2019 or T:ANE? Please Help.

Check that your Windows firewall and/or your antivirus isn't preventing TRS19.exe from accessing the internet. It needs to go out and contact the My Trainz server and if it's unable to do so you'll get this message.

There shouldn't be a problem since I just connected without an issue.

Try this one to see if you can access the server:

Checking Port 11443
To check your Internet connection is not blocking some outgoing ports that our software requires you must be able to contact our servers on TCP ports 80, 443, and 11443.

Paste the following link into your browser: http://portquiz.net:11443

If successful you will see:
"You have reached this page on port 11443.
Your network allows you to use this port"

Hi TheOwlFan
I have checked your account here and it is showing that you have full access for the Download Station.

In this case could you please try the following.

Go into Window Explorer (or My Computer), and navigate to the Trainz folder, and right click on the 'TRS19.exe' file, and click on 'properties', and then click on the tab called 'Compatibility'. Now set the Privilege Level to "Run this program as an administrator", then click on 'apply', then on 'Ok'.

Please also ensure that you have given Trainz full access in your firewall and anti-virus. Please try adding the 'TRS19.exe' file as an exception in your firewall and anti-virus.

Could you please try forcing a refresh in Trainz.

To do this, please click on 'Trainz Settings' on the launcher screen, then go to the 'internet' tab and remove your username and password. Now close Trainz entirely, then re-open Trainz and re-enter your username and password into the Trainz Settings. Please keep in mind that your username and password are case sensitive.

Once you have done this, please try downloading again.

I tried those but it didn't work, but when i made a new password i copied and pasted in, it worked! I now have access to the download station. For some reason whenever i type it in, it doesn't work. Thanks for your help anyways!

Last edited:
Back