TRS2019 Plus Edition, not Platinum Edition?

jeffmorris

I had to clean-install Windows 10 and on MyTrainz download page, I clicked on "TRS2019 Plus Edition (Full Installer)" link. I found out that I downloaded TRS2019[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] Platinum Edition. Please fix this problem.[/FONT]

It's the same install. The Plus features are enabled based on your My Trainz account. I noticed this recently as well when I reinstalled, but forgot to bug report it. You can do that if you want.

Hi Jeffmorris
I can confirm that the TRS19 Platinum Edition is the same build as the 'Trainz Plus 3' release.

You can update this to the latest Trainz Plus release by following these steps:

1) Double click on the TRS19 icon on your desktop
2) Click on Trainz Settings
3) Click on the 'Install' tab
4) Click on 'Change Trainz update stream'
5) Follow the prompts till you see the 'change update stream' option, then click on this
6) Click on the drop down list, and click on 'Trainz Plus', then click on 'ok' and 'done'.
7) Now click on 'check for Trainz updates', and follow the prompts to install the available update.

Regards

Zec, following the above steps worked but I got only 2 routes: Kickstarter County 2 and Content Samples #1. When I clean-installed Windows 10, my data files are saved in Windows.old folder. Is it possible to copy the Trainz data files from that folder to new data folder?

Hi Jeffmorris
There shouldn't be any issue with copying your old LocalData files into the new installation's LocalData, however generally it is best to only copy the 'local', 'original', 'packages', and 'screenshots' folders over.

After you have copied the folders, you will need to run an extended database repair.

To do this, first click on 'developer' on the launcher screen, then hold down the CTRL key and left click on 'rebuild database'. Once the repair has completed, please you should see your content in Trainz.

Zec, I followed your instructions and it worked but "Switch Model Railroad Layout" has "Installed, Payware (not active)" message. I can't find the layout in Content Store or Content Vault. How can I fix it?

Back