Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JMR and RRS signals broken

Quote Originally Posted by rs2007 View Post
    I am using pber007 CROR signals on my routes. They are the best CROR signals I have found despite them being for Trainz 06. Sadly they're really hard to set up, especially if you have a yard or a siding. I remember hearing about other CROR signals made by a user named grahamsea. But his signals are gone and I have found no information on them.
    I've looked for the pber007 signals on the DLS but couldn't find them... do you have the KUIDs by chance?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Seane2c View Post
    All though not perfect the JR & Safetran signals work pretty good and give most indications. Not as much as I would like in Canada, but I'll take it. What I'd love to see is an actual signal that can configure to restricting and actually work like a North American restricting signal would. It's one thing when you use a 6 to get into a siding. But not all restricting signals go into sidings. Many restricting signals are given entering yard area, dark territory. Some for example restrict on the normal route, while actually giving a proper signal on the reverse (because it needs to crossover from a service track to the mainline).

Thanks

Sean
    That's the issue I have with JR signals. They do not recognize a reverse-facing consist and will show a stop. This "feature" was added in the early days of T:ANE due to the performance issues we had, but sadly was never removed. Maybe that can be resolved some day soon(tm) so we can use these signals in all places. The RRS signals never suffered from this, and because of this I use them extensively on my routes since I don't do any configuration and they work fine for my simple operations.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Quote Originally Posted by embeddedt View Post
    I've looked for the pber007 signals on the DLS but couldn't find them... do you have the KUIDs by chance?
    They are not on the DLS, they used to be on a site called carreweb.fr, but it is gone. However if you use the wayback machine and go to the aforementioned site, you can download them. However all 1 and 2 headed signals are faulty, in order to fix them you need to get rid of the feuall3a, b and c and feucli3a, b and c on the two headed signals and also the feuall2a, b and c and feucli2a, b and c on the one headed signals.

Quote Originally Posted by ctclark1 View Post
    Where is this "bashing"? I expressed my displeasure at now having to re-signal my entire route because I apparently bought the wrong version of Trainz, the fact is I was very happy with the work he did and the signals and scripts he had created and used them extensively in my route creations.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that many of us who have decided to upgrade to a new version of Trainz have to now find a replacement for the SuperSignal scripted signals.

I specifically am not expressing my overall opinions of RRS or his decision because this isn't the place for it. This thread may have evolved slightly from the original question, but it necessarily turned into a direction of how to move on due to his decision.
    Perhaps I misread, or misinterpreted your prior comments above, perhaps not, but I can agree to let sleeping dogs lye ... they usually wake up when you try to wash your hands with them though, so, I'll just blame it on everyone Kung-Flu fighting, cause it spread fast as light-ning, in fact its a little bit frightening, but they did
    it with expert timing...

...baaabeee shark doo doo doo doo doo doo ...
    USER ERROR. Please uninstall Trainz and resume thinking it wasn't your fault. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rs2007 View Post
    They are not on the DLS, they used to be on a site called carreweb.fr, but it is gone. However if you use the wayback machine and go to the aforementioned site, you can download them.

Thanks. There were some broken links but with some Wayback Machine magic I was able to reach the download page.

It seems that the main download link here doesn't work. Do you know which of these files is the right one to download?

Quote Originally Posted by embeddedt View Post
    Thanks. There were some broken links but with some Wayback Machine magic I was able to reach the download page.

It seems that the main download link here doesn't work. Do you know which of these files is the right one to download?
    I would venture to guess, the second and third from the top of the list, as they are the only two that indicate they are "application/zip" files ... though the others labeled "text/html" may be needed as instructions on how to use the signals, or "sigca" in french-language.
    USER ERROR. Please uninstall Trainz and resume thinking it wasn't your fault. Thank you.

Thanks. Those appear to be the right ones.

After some testing, I may have found a replacement. While not the exact same, the CROR script used by pber007 and grahamsea can almost replicate the RRS and JMR signals, while it uses CROR which is Canadian and is not really prototypical for BNSF, CSX, NS and other US Railroads. It can have the same functionality as the RRS Script(Configure a restricting, allow for more aspects besides limiting/medium, etc). Seane2c acutally made a video using the grahamsea signals, maybe it can be used as replacement? I don't know, I am just recommending.

Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRHr-liQLPI
    Here is the signals https://www.file-upload.net/download...gnals.zip.html

Here's a mirror link in case rs2007's ever goes down: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndG...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks! I'll take a look and see if these will fit my needs. In the meantime I've replaced one of my routes already with JR library compatible signals, besides a lack of setting for different indications on different routes, I'm also discovering that their various signal styles are very different in terms of the configurable options allowed, even within the series... For example, while the newer options of the JR Hall semaphores and JR SL searchlights by wearsprada are fairly consistent with additional options like configurable number plates and the angle of the heads, norfolksouthern37's Searchlights, Safetran CLights and Safetran NS signals have not been updated with newer features and even within those series there's a lot of variances into what works and what doesn't. Particularly with the lack of editable nameplates (forced to use the Signal Name on the Searchlights and CLights, but can't even change the number on the NS series at all).

And with the exception of one 3-headed option by wears prada, all of those searchlights are still the larger target style, which to me just looks super wrong and out of place on my routes where the New York Central's older searchlights used the smaller targets all around and Offset Left Over Right on their 2-head automatic signals (I know, I'm asking for a lot... I'm sorry... It's not that I'm saying I can't do this route without them, it just doesn't look right to me)

Again, I'll add the disclaimer that I appreciate the hard work of everyone who has worked to create content for this sim and for the benefit of those who are not so talented. My comments are just that - comments and observations as to why the content may not be the answer for me.
    Last edited by ctclark1; May 22nd, 2020 at 06:51 PM.