JMR and RRS signals broken

Thanks. There were some broken links but with some Wayback Machine magic I was able to reach the download page.

It seems that the main download link here doesn't work. Do you know which of these files is the right one to download?

I would venture to guess, the second and third from the top of the list, as they are the only two that indicate they are "application/zip" files ... though the others labeled "text/html" may be needed as instructions on how to use the signals, or "sigca" in french-language.

After some testing, I may have found a replacement. While not the exact same, the CROR script used by pber007 and grahamsea can almost replicate the RRS and JMR signals, while it uses CROR which is Canadian and is not really prototypical for BNSF, CSX, NS and other US Railroads. It can have the same functionality as the RRS Script(Configure a restricting, allow for more aspects besides limiting/medium, etc). Seane2c acutally made a video using the grahamsea signals, maybe it can be used as replacement? I don't know, I am just recommending.

Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRHr-liQLPI
Here is the signals https://www.file-upload.net/download-14073263/GrahamSea_CROR_Signals.zip.html

Thanks! I'll take a look and see if these will fit my needs. In the meantime I've replaced one of my routes already with JR library compatible signals, besides a lack of setting for different indications on different routes, I'm also discovering that their various signal styles are very different in terms of the configurable options allowed, even within the series... For example, while the newer options of the JR Hall semaphores and JR SL searchlights by wearsprada are fairly consistent with additional options like configurable number plates and the angle of the heads, norfolksouthern37's Searchlights, Safetran CLights and Safetran NS signals have not been updated with newer features and even within those series there's a lot of variances into what works and what doesn't. Particularly with the lack of editable nameplates (forced to use the Signal Name on the Searchlights and CLights, but can't even change the number on the NS series at all).

And with the exception of one 3-headed option by wears prada, all of those searchlights are still the larger target style, which to me just looks super wrong and out of place on my routes where the New York Central's older searchlights used the smaller targets all around and Offset Left Over Right on their 2-head automatic signals (I know, I'm asking for a lot... I'm sorry... It's not that I'm saying I can't do this route without them, it just doesn't look right to me)

Again, I'll add the disclaimer that I appreciate the hard work of everyone who has worked to create content for this sim and for the benefit of those who are not so talented. My comments are just that - comments and observations as to why the content may not be the answer for me.

Last edited:
Well finally there is a solid replacement, grahamsea(the author who made the CROR signals) actually has other signal rules. CSX, BNSF, GSF, GSL, LIRR, PRR, NORAC, N&W and maye few more. This is kind of ironic, as the rrsignal signals were at one point used to replace grahamsea's signals and now grahamsea's signals are used to replace rrsignal's signals:hehe:

Check post #23 that leads to my box account. Actually no it's not. It's in another thread I forget the link as I'm at work

Thanks

Sean

It is my understanding that these cannot be used in routes that are shared on DLS, correct? This is from my limited understanding of the licensing rules as far as being third-party content (that is, not already on the DLS), so these are only usable in private routes that you do not intend to share?

Beyond some basic testing in a route of mine, in which I'm fairly impressed by the options available, I have not pulled the trigger on converting any of my routes to these signal systems and probably will not because of this limitation. But it looks like Grahamsea definitely did a great job of this and I'm impressed.

It is my understanding that these cannot be used in routes that are shared on DLS, correct? This is from my limited understanding of the licensing rules as far as being third-party content (that is, not already on the DLS), so these are only usable in private routes that you do not intend to share?

I don't know about that, as some routes I have seen have assets not on the DLS, although it may be that the route was made in lower versions. Plus, you can put up routes on a website, so that it is not published on the DLS, so you can use 3rd party assets on those routes.

I'm using them in my route. If someone either official has an issue of me sharing them, others already have and I will then release the route on my own website and give the links there. At that point I'll wait and hear from the author before changing anything back. I will do whatever the author says. These signals are better than anything I've seen thus far and work great in 2019.

Thanks

Sean

Good to know. Not that I know if I'll ever get to a point where things will get released, I have two on and off projects I've been working on for a number of years now, but I'm trying to figure out little details like this just in case. The whole licensing thing gets confusing, just trying to get a handle on whether it would be allowed before I make a leap.

As long as no one is profiting off of the signals or script there is no problem, however the script for these signals no longer works. I'm curious how you are using them? Edit, read the entire thread. Yeah it's disappointing that RRsignal isn't around but, what can ya do? I have begun converting my signals to use JR script but as before am wanting a little more flexibility in route configurations. I used to use Grahamsea's signals a bunch. The meshes aren't really up to snuff but I liked the configuration. Has anyone tried using the Grahamsea scripts in TANE SP4 or 19? Do they even work?

Last edited:
I used grahamsea scripts on my route and they work well, you can configure more aspects such as slow, restricting, etc. The only oddity is signals light up when another signal is place behind it (example, if I have two signals on a piece of track, the signal at the end of the track would be red, but the signal in front of it would be yellow), it’s not that big of a deal though, as that happens with many other signal scripts, if I were you I would upgrade your signals with grahamsea’s script but that’s my personal opinion, you can do what you want with your signals.

Back when I was using 2010 and 2012 I had grahamsea scripts with JR signal meshes. Back then I used "trigger multiple signals" a lot and it didn't work with grahamsea's script. I am wondering if inhanced interlocking tower will work with them? If so I will probably switch my stuff over to use his script but I can't remember if I stopped using it because it didn't work anymore or if it is when I started using RRsignal's scripts. Also if I remember correctly grahamsea's script and JR script will work with each other, which isn't the case with RRsignal's script.

Last edited:
I did some experimenting and found a few things with Grahamsea's scripts. There doesn't seem to be an issue with Enhanced Interlocking Tower except for diamond crossings. Adding Grahamsea signals as objects outside of the path doesn't work- they don't respond as I thought they might. There is a way around this which is setting up invisible junctions at the diamond and then setting the junctions as outside objects, therefore causing the signals to go to danger on whichever crossing line. They also do not work with JR signals as I once thought they did except for simple indications i.e. clear approach and stop. There is also the issue of distribution-the scripts Grahamsea used are modified versions made by someone else. I am unsure how to contact the original authors so I don't know if I am allowed to use the script for upload to the DLS or hosted on a 3rd party site. Maybe someone can chime in on this matter?

Yeah they don't work with other signals. The other thing I don't like is restricting on intermediates are red over yellow despite having the R plate. Other than that they are very flexible and I'll be sticking with them.

Thanks

Sean

Just to come back to this topic, I recently downloaded a route using the JMR signals. When I went into surveyor, I fund out that I could edit their properties, and the settings would stick to the signals. The route was made in TS12, and when I tried making my own route, the signals would not work. I was using T:ANE.

Back