JMR and RRS signals broken

JMR and RRS signals would be perfect for the Toronto route I am building. But there are 2 problems with them

1. I see the plate/milepost categories on certain signals but not on most or any of the JMR signals.

2. For the one that do work every time I try to edit them to add plates/mileposts they don’t go to the way I edited them, the mileposts either don’t appear or change to a random number.

I am running TRS2019, anyway to fix these issues? BTW I know that the signals are broken in any version higher than TR12.

Yes we are aware of the issue. It has something to do with Mr. RRSignal's scripts and he seems to have disappeared from the scene. Justin was looking for him as well to update his own JMR series signals.

You can try configuring them in your session. That used to work before, but I haven't tried that since the earlier days.

What do you mean by "configuring them in your session"?

Instead of configuring them in your route where the settings don't stick, create a base session and use this session to setup industries and consists. Go to the track- and track-objects tab click on the ? and get the properties on each signal and configure them.

With a base session, you can then copy that session and use that for other operating sessions without losing your signal and other industry setups.

I have tried configuring rrsignal's in the session and they do not save so yes they are broken and this includes TANE SP4 and TRS19.

I recall seeing a post from RRSignal in another thread, stating that he wouldn't support TRS19 or newer versions of Trainz because of DRM concerns.

Oh boy and I'm TSR19 and trying all kinds of different signals.

I too am building a Canadian line. I found a gauntlet signal bridge. So far many things are working in the save to route surprisingly. But I'm not sure which ones are the best ones to use for gantry signal bridges that are 3 heads. I have some vader signals I'm trying out now, but Niagara has mostly searchlights on Stamford Sub though converted to LED inside the head if that makes sense.

Thanks

Sean

What's weird is that all of the SL2, R2 and N3 signals work but the SL3 signals don't work.
I'm noticing issues where they can be configured, but they aren't responding correctly - the signals are not lighting up representative of what their aspects should show anymore, that's what prompted me to start searching out help, and ran across this thread and the below mentioned thread. :(

I recall seeing a post from RRSignal in another thread, stating that he wouldn't support TRS19 or newer versions of Trainz because of DRM concerns.
After a little searching, yes... RRSignal was very vocal in the DVD version thread that he no longer licenses his content to be used in TANE SP4 and above (including TRS19) because of his displeasure over the lack of a DRM free version. I won't get into my opinions on this issue other than to say I feel there's some irony there, but also that it's little consolation to those of us who made routes and signalized those routes based on the SuperSignal scripts and now have no choice but to find a new signal system to replace the entire route. (Or, should I apologize to RRS for upgrading without his permission so now I can't use his signals?)

So... Since the SuperSignal script is broken in TRS19 and RRS has made it clear that he won't be updating to support new versions, does anyone have any suggestions for another signal script that works better than the default 15 year old Auran model (the 01/02/03/04/05 model) and has the variety of signals that were created for it?

I'd also like to thank Justin for his variety of excellent Safetran-style signals using the script, and hope his models can be made to work again, and that someone can make a replacement for the many other styles that RRS had created such as the SL2 and TRI series which I had made great use of in my WIPs.

All though not perfect the JR & Safetran signals work pretty good and give most indications. Not as much as I would like in Canada, but I'll take it. What I'd love to see is an actual signal that can configure to restricting and actually work like a North American restricting signal would. It's one thing when you use a 6 to get into a siding. But not all restricting signals go into sidings. Many restricting signals are given entering yard area, dark territory. Some for example restrict on the normal route, while actually giving a proper signal on the reverse (because it needs to crossover from a service track to the mainline).

Thanks

Sean

To my knowledge I could get the RRS Supersignals to display a true restricting using Interlocking/Advanced modes (I think). Again, it's unfortunate that RRS has taken the stance he has.

Before the SS script introduction I was using JR/NS37 signals on an older route (now long gone to one of the various "route rot" corruptions) but I have 2 problems with them.
One, from an operational standpoint, you can really only set one "straight" and anything else turns into either a limited or medium speed depending on what option you select (and the restricting that I've never figured out how to use properly) but if it is protecting a multiple-diverge interlocking/control point, all diverges show the same, you can't set some to limited, some to medium, etc..
Two, strictly from an aesthetic point of view, I primarily focus on the old New York Central around Buffalo and Rochester, New York (the Water Level Route) where NYC used the small target searchlights, unique and only ever modeled by RRS, unfortunately. I don't have the modelling/graphics experience to even know where to start building something like this, either.

I am using pber007 CROR signals on my routes. They are the best CROR signals I have found despite them being for Trainz 06. Sadly they're really hard to set up, especially if you have a yard or a siding. I remember hearing about other CROR signals made by a user named grahamsea. But his signals are gone and I have found no information on them.

People like you, are the problem.

You'll sit there and bash RRS, a guy who created something for you to use, for zero compensation, because his personal beliefs on Digital Rights Managment prevent him from continuing to support the Developers direction, but yet you barely mention the fact that the Developers of the GAME have left you hanging with NO GOOD signalling solution for over 10 years ...

I mean, if you mad, you mad at the wrong guy, and need to get mad at N3V, who fail to provide a complete product. RRSignal don't owe you jack scat, he didn't collect your $39.95, or $11.99/mo. sub fee.

Where is this "bashing"? I expressed my displeasure at now having to re-signal my entire route because I apparently bought the wrong version of Trainz, the fact is I was very happy with the work he did and the signals and scripts he had created and used them extensively in my route creations.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that many of us who have decided to upgrade to a new version of Trainz have to now find a replacement for the SuperSignal scripted signals.

I specifically am not expressing my overall opinions of RRS or his decision because this isn't the place for it. This thread may have evolved slightly from the original question, but it necessarily turned into a direction of how to move on due to his decision.

I know what you mean about the JR signals and the Safetran ones do the same thing and are totally compatible. I'd love to get things other than medium, limited, etc. out of different directions as well. But for me it's not too big of a deal.

The restricting that shows up in them are some kind of fleeting mechanism I take it as I never got it to work. The only time I see restricting is when the script can't handle the upcoming signals and simply shows restricting as something is up ahead.

The RSS signals last I checked actually went dark when I had them hooked up to enhanced interlocking. Perhaps it's something to due with them being broke now, but them's the breaks.

For me it's not a big deal. Right now creating new assets is not in my plans. But perhaps when I'm done with this route being the signal junkie I can look into modifying scripts or something. I have the coding background, I just haven't tinkered with it as of yet.

I'd consider the CROR signals you mentioned, but I've done enough playing with them I guess for now :) At the rate I'm going I'll never get my route done haha.

Thanks

Sean

I am using pber007 CROR signals on my routes. They are the best CROR signals I have found despite them being for Trainz 06. Sadly they're really hard to set up, especially if you have a yard or a siding. I remember hearing about other CROR signals made by a user named grahamsea. But his signals are gone and I have found no information on them.

I've looked for the pber007 signals on the DLS but couldn't find them... do you have the KUIDs by chance?

All though not perfect the JR & Safetran signals work pretty good and give most indications. Not as much as I would like in Canada, but I'll take it. What I'd love to see is an actual signal that can configure to restricting and actually work like a North American restricting signal would. It's one thing when you use a 6 to get into a siding. But not all restricting signals go into sidings. Many restricting signals are given entering yard area, dark territory. Some for example restrict on the normal route, while actually giving a proper signal on the reverse (because it needs to crossover from a service track to the mainline).

Thanks

Sean

That's the issue I have with JR signals. They do not recognize a reverse-facing consist and will show a stop. This "feature" was added in the early days of T:ANE due to the performance issues we had, but sadly was never removed. Maybe that can be resolved some day soon(tm) so we can use these signals in all places. The RRS signals never suffered from this, and because of this I use them extensively on my routes since I don't do any configuration and they work fine for my simple operations.

I've looked for the pber007 signals on the DLS but couldn't find them... do you have the KUIDs by chance?

They are not on the DLS, they used to be on a site called carreweb.fr, but it is gone. However if you use the wayback machine and go to the aforementioned site, you can download them. However all 1 and 2 headed signals are faulty, in order to fix them you need to get rid of the feuall3a, b and c and feucli3a, b and c on the two headed signals and also the feuall2a, b and c and feucli2a, b and c on the one headed signals.

Where is this "bashing"? I expressed my displeasure at now having to re-signal my entire route because I apparently bought the wrong version of Trainz, the fact is I was very happy with the work he did and the signals and scripts he had created and used them extensively in my route creations.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that many of us who have decided to upgrade to a new version of Trainz have to now find a replacement for the SuperSignal scripted signals.

I specifically am not expressing my overall opinions of RRS or his decision because this isn't the place for it. This thread may have evolved slightly from the original question, but it necessarily turned into a direction of how to move on due to his decision.

Perhaps I misread, or misinterpreted your prior comments above, perhaps not, but I can agree to let sleeping dogs lye ... they usually wake up when you try to wash your hands with them though, so, I'll just blame it on everyone Kung-Flu fighting, cause it spread fast as light-ning, in fact its a little bit frightening, but they did
it with expert timing... :hehe:

...baaabeee shark doo doo doo doo doo doo ... :eek:

They are not on the DLS, they used to be on a site called carreweb.fr, but it is gone. However if you use the wayback machine and go to the aforementioned site, you can download them.

Thanks. There were some broken links but with some Wayback Machine magic I was able to reach the download page.

It seems that the main download link here doesn't work. Do you know which of these files is the right one to download?

Back