T19 Crashing to the desktop when train goes over 56 MPH.

artist794

Something weird is happening. no matter what train, route, session etc. When running if a train hits 56 MPH the game freezes and dumps to the desktop without a save before exit question. Does anyone know what might be happening? or have something similar happening?

This bug is related, believe it or not, to the audio drivers (code we do not have access to). I haven't heard anyone having this in TRS19. It was partially fixed (as much as we could) in TANE and thought not to exist in TRS19.

The workaround is to set your in-game sound volume to 0, and your trainz will no longer crash.

Hi Artist794
Please also ensure that you have the latest updates installed. The build number on the initial launch screen for the latest updates should be 105096, 105170, 105175, 105497 for TRS19 SP1, or 105100, 105113, 106618 for Trainz Plus.

This was also a known issue in TRS19 pre SP1 on some computers, and was resolved with the SP1 update (I saw this issue on my own machine, and have not been able to reproduce it in SP1 and newer).

Regards

I am currently on Build 105100 and I just check both the TS19 and TS19 platinum streams, both say I am up to date. What do you mean by setting the audio to 0? Does that mean it will mute all sounds within the game? If so is there any other fix? Kinda defeats the point of playing levels if I have to play in silence.

OpenAL is where the bug resides, and we've implemented a workaround which resolved the one test machine we had that exhibited the problem). https://www.openal.org/

Without source code or an OpenAL update, we can't totally fix the issue. However, artist794, you're the first person to report that it still occurs, so in this case there is something specific in your setup that means the workaround doesn't work.

So right now, unfortunately the choice is no sound, drive slowly, or crash when reaching the speed limit. If we could do something we would.

There might be something you can do with software or hardware updates at your end, so just ensure all your drivers are up to date.

Back