Question on Bulk replace

Forester1

Hi! Dave Snow included a payware tree in his route "Alma Valley". Since I don't have this tree, it does not show up in the asset list in order to drag over for bulk replace. Is there some other way to bulk replace it other than to plant a replacement tree everywhere there is an orange box? That is going to take so long, and I don't want to just delete that many trees by deleting missing assets. Maybe that could be a wish thing? It obviously knows it is missing the asset, why not make it available for bulk replace? Thanks for any help!

Maybe that could be a wish thing? It obviously knows it is missing the asset, why not make it available for bulk replace?

The problem here is that knowing only the kuid of a missing asset (any missing asset) tells you nothing about what it actually is. Is it a spline, for example, a commodity, an item of rolling stock, a building, a sound, track (fixed or spline), etc, etc. The bulk asset update/replace tool only works on certain types of assets - it will work on single track splines but not on multiple track splines, tunnel, bridge or scenery splines. So using this tool to "bulk replace" a missing asset could easily lead to even bigger problems. It would in most cases be far easier to simply delete the missing asset.

My opinions.

Last edited:
Since I don't have this tree, it does not show up in the asset list in order to drag over for bulk replace. Is there some other way to bulk replace it other than to plant a replacement tree everywhere there is an orange box?

Clone any existing tree and give it the KUID of the missing asset. It will then appear in the route. Then do the bulk replace with your alternate tree, and delete the clone.

Thank you Sailor Dan, I will give that a shot! Rob, here is the payware tree, thanks to HPL: <kuid2:72938:44200:1> mcguirel M: Forest02_OregonRedwoodYoung_33m_2170p (Payware) from payware "UltraTreez, UltraScenery SpeedTree Packages, 02 Northwestern USA UltraScenery Payware Assets" (in UltraScenery_Forest02_OregonRedwoodPackage.cdp)

Sailor Dan, I successfully cloned a substitute tree to my own useriD, but it won't let me change it to the missing KUID, when I try to submit it says it has the wrong KUID...

Don't try to commit the asset with an altered kuid. Instead Open / Show in Explorer, go up one level to see the contents of the editing folder and drag the asset from the editing folder onto CM. It will install as a new asset.

Awesome Rob. Thanks! Maybe we can teach this old dog some new tricks!

Later: Thanks Rob and SailorDan, that worked like a champ! I think I will have some use for this on routes that have the old Ultra trees....

Last edited:
... but it won't let me change it to the missing KUID, when I try to submit it says it has the wrong KUID...

You are probably using Submit. You can't do that if you have created a new asset by changing the KUID - Submit works only for an asset that already exists in the database.

From the File menu choose Import Content Folder and import the whole folder for the asset from the Editing folder. Then revert the original clone to original and delete it.

Back