CROR Signals

So I am looking for CROR signals for my Toronto based route, I already found some(Carreweb’s) but they are quite dated and old, the only other one I know of are grahamsea’s, but those are no longer available, so are there any other ones I could find or do I just have to look for something else.

Best ones to use would be Jointed Rail's NS Safetran Signals.....They display the CROR aspects as well as they match the "Darth Vader" signals CN uses in Eastern Ontario

Thanks for the suggestion but there is one problem, there are no 3 headed or gantry signals that I could find., and are you talking about the JR searchlights?(the ones that come built in to TRS2019), because while I like to use them the staggered signals are facing the wrong way(on Right Hand it is right/center instead of left/center and vice versa) but I could overlook that.

CN signals in the base of TRS19 not sure if on DLS. They were a couple of dwarfs.

I'm also doing Niagara right now so I'm looking at CROR only. Keep in mind CP is not CROR but uses UCOR which is similar but has a few differences.

Thanks

Sean

CN and CP use CROR indications in Canada. UCOR is American. JR signals dont mimic CROR progression but rather NS or CSX indications. The best CROR signals ive ever encountered in Trainz were made by Pber007. The authors website is http://www.carreweb.fr/ but it is down. You can use way back machine and download the links i still believe.

I've downloaded. Thing is would they ever be available for anyone else if a route was released?

Thanks

Sean

I've downloaded. Thing is would they ever be available for anyone else if a route was released?

Thanks

Sean

That depends on the license. Certainly I don't think they can be uploaded to the DLS unless by the content creator and he hasn't been around for a day or two.

Cheerio John

Here is the license from one of the signals
license "Product is provided As-Is. No Warranty is expressed or implied.
Freeware. No fee may be charged for the use of this product."

Here is the license from one of the signals
license "Product is provided As-Is. No Warranty is expressed or implied.
Freeware. No fee may be charged for the use of this product."

Which doesn't actually specify if it may be hosted or not. In the absence of specific permission to let it be hosted I tend to err on the side of caution.

Cheerio John

Hell I downloaded it and can throw it on drive. But I need permission to do so. As long as it doesn't take up much I'll gladly host it.

Thanks

Sean

As much as I would like the signals to be public, the fact that grahamsea hasn't been active in over a decade and the license doesn't say anything about redistribution. I think it is safe to say we can't release them.

So, if they get released, what is gonna happen?
The Mafia gonna show up wack your kneecaps???

Just say'in......

I haven't checked out the signals yet. I just want to make sure he at least receives credit and people know where to find them. I can place them on my Box account. I'm not going anywhere as this is my new home as far as I can tell.

If someone has another solution that's cool. Whatever works.

Thanks

Sean

OK for anyone who wants to see these signals in action and set them up, I'm doing a live stream right now. As far as I know these are absolutely by far the best signals I've seen. But I need to figure them out so I'll take you along the journey. I've already started and this live stream will be long. It will go to YouTube later after live stream is over.

Thanks

Sean

These signals are not perfect, but they are by far the best thing you can get for modeling CN in my opinion. They would fit nicely anywhere on CN's system. Keep in mind CP does not use CROR to the best of my knowledge they are UCOR. But I will certainly host these on my box account.

They remind me of the RSS signals except they are not broken in 2019. I'm no expert on them but if you have any questions let me know as I tested this extensively tonight.

Thanks

Sean

Back