CROR Signals

OK for anyone who wants to see these signals in action and set them up, I'm doing a live stream right now. As far as I know these are absolutely by far the best signals I've seen. But I need to figure them out so I'll take you along the journey. I've already started and this live stream will be long. It will go to YouTube later after live stream is over.

Thanks

Sean

I dont know what happened. But the first hour of the video was cut out when I watched it. I tried but it was only 4:00:00 hours but the video said 5:04:00.

I dont know what happened. But the first hour of the video was cut out when I watched it. I tried but it was only 4:00:00 hours but the video said 5:04:00.

I think this is a YouTube thing. I watch livestreams of storm chases that go on for 8 hours or longer and the replay is broken up into 4-hour segments because that's what YouTube limits the length of the recorded video.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind moving forward.

As for the signals they are the best I've seen in any simulator. That isn't to say there are better ones out there. If I can say anything the LOD is a bit off (perhaps it's my low graphic settings) but I noticed the bridge would show up before the signal in the distance. I'm trying to get a video card for my birthday tomorrow, but these signals were a gift in itself thank-you.

There are some signals I've never seen such as clear to restricting showing a flashing red. I don't recall seeing flashing red in Canada though it may be part of the CROR rule book. I remember a lighted S sign once as well in the book that I've never seen. The way it handles advanced approaches is great on straight track. What I find CN does however is say you are on a long stretch and your coming up to a wye in the distance like I was in Port Robinson. The Advanced clear to stop is great but having a clear to limited when a stop signal is around the wye is usually not done. In fact it's often brought down to clear to medium or clear to slow. But regardless there are never any meets at that point anyways. I love the combination of speed to speed signals, as well as defining more than 1 speed through a control point.

As I said these signals remind me of the super signals except they aren't broken. It's a win win for me because they are not Conrail based and actually CN which is what I'm modeling and used to seeing.

Plus as a bonus I've yet to see a signal handle restricting right except these ones. Being able to enter a yard (haven't tried it with the AI but judging by the signals I seen on the graph it should be fine) is a huge bonus. I know they have the dark siding options in some out there. But being able to have a true call on signal or ability to enter an occupied track or yard is perfect. The only thing I would like to see added to that if I want them to be absolutely perfect is keep the signal red through the entire control point. Also automatically coming on regardless of the presence of a train is strange, though we do have switching features in Canada as well.

Anyways wanted to point out the strengths and weaknesses of this signal. By far the best option for me, and probably others.

Too bad we can't just add it to the download station as these signals are a lost gem found. Works great in 2019.

Thanks

Sean

There are some signals I've never seen such as clear to restricting showing a flashing red. I don't recall seeing flashing red in Canada though it may be part of the CROR rule book.

Sean

Regarding the flashing red, I think it could be rule 410, which means “Proceed, next signal is displaying restricting signal.” The aspects I believe were staggered yellow over flashing red, or yellow over red over flashing red. It is weird.

Strange they don't use it around here. Well if my son can take me to one then he gets $100 as I said so on the stream last night. I've always seen it as Clear to Stop in advance of a restricting in the Niagara area.

Thanks

Sean

By the way, you said that you did not know what to do with the vaders, pber007 actually also made CROR signals that follow the same script has the grahamsea signals, but they have a vader form and is slighty more limited but can still do everything the grahamsea ones can do.

Not sure if I have those or not. I have another bunch of packages. The thing is with the CROR this was the first time I found a signal that wouldn't work with the others. So as long as it can recognise the others than they should be able to mingle. But the ones I were using I can't mix with them.

Thanks

Sean

From what I can see they can go on the DLS because they would only be taken down if the original author complained.

I was reading up on this in the past few days. I could always put them on my box account since they were already made available even for just a weekend.

Just looking for more opinions on all this.

Thanks

Sean

From what I can see they can go on the DLS because they would only be taken down if the original author complained.

I was reading up on this in the past few days. I could always put them on my box account since they were already made available even for just a weekend.

Just looking for more opinions on all this.

Thanks

Sean

You could put up a clone but I suggest you don't.

Cheerio John

Just read all the Banter about these special Signals.

And what did you know, back about 5 yrs or so , when I was in TS-12 Trainz, a nub, who really was straining to learn how this fantastic Rail Simulator worked, I recall now, having a Route, with these in it, and I couldn't understand there usage, or how to set them up to run. So I dismissed them as too technical for my use.

Surprise, that I run into this thread, and this time, I downloaded the files, installed them, and they seem to look and work OK. So I plan on reading up on the settings and give it a go.........;)

It made my day, thank you for excellent back information and links........:cool:

Not sure if I have those or not. I have another bunch of packages. The thing is with the CROR this was the first time I found a signal that wouldn't work with the others. So as long as it can recognise the others than they should be able to mingle. But the ones I were using I can't mix with them.

Thanks

Sean

The download is here https://web.archive.org/web/2008120...eb.fr/TRS2004/Sigca/PackREFC-CL-SL-T (R2).zip

And here are some CN/CP signage https://web.archive.org/web/20081204044501/http://carreweb.fr/TRS2004/Sigca/PackREFC-TTI.zip

Back