Track spacing in TRS19

Dusty_1

Hi im farely new to trainz 19 surveyer. I had a question if there was a way to space the tracks while making a yard? Or if there's a way to space tacks at all? Please help im making this route for a school project, and also if anyone has a trainz based discord or can help me please contact me on my discord Dusty#3311.

I usually run them so the spline circles are touching, but caution, because you have to hold the shift key to keep them from snapping together...

I use MB Quad as a track spacing guide, and lay single tracks between 2 sets of them that are very far apart.

This replicates PRR track spacing of 3.5m

If you look straight down, from exactly directly above the end of a RR tie, you will see your track spline point circles just touching the end of the adjacent RR tie, this is PRR track spacing of 3.5m

Also handy: PRR Track Guide - gfisher

A guide for laying out four track Pennsylvania Railroad mainline set at 13 foot spacing center to center. It is a scenery item.

Type: Buildings / Structures <KUID:106916:10328>

I know what your talking about, but the problem im having is that when I get the spline point so close to the other track it connects to the other track im trying to place.

Search DLS for 3Dtrainz. Bunch of guides/tools. Directions to use them atr on the wiki. You'll need to practice a bit on a throw away route to get the hang of them (and the others I'd assume) figure out which ones work best for you as they tend to take different approaches.

Theres also my snap on gauge for clearances. Search FP -

As far as I know you CAN'T download from the website given, since T:ane. You can certainly view items. To correctly download in current versions you will see on the initial startup (splash) screen, "Manage Content" directly under "Start Trainz". You need to use that and select "Download Station" from the filter menu, then search for whatever you want.

Also search for waygauge. These can be lined up using fixed straights then connect your splines.

Going forward, Surveyor really needs a tool like the DTG sim editor which allows you to define then lay x number of parallel splines.

Dusty_1, Content Manager is what you get if at the Launch screen you select "Manage Content". There are the default columns, plus you can add columns like Upload date, Version numbers, etc. to help your selections for download.

You can download via FTP button, save the file, then open the file in the Content Manager, and commit/install the asset

Be aware though that importing from FTP locally modifies assets and they can become faulty, downloading via Manage content suppresses some errors.

Or put another way, importing treats an asset as if you had created it yourself and it them becomes subject to errors and warnings in the version of Trainz you are using, even though they were fine in the version they were made in.

At least TANE and TRS19 mark files, downloaded from the DLS website with ftp, as 'Installed from DLS' or 'Third Party', after installing the .cdp files. These .cdp files probably contain some additional information, which other .cdp files don't have.

Peter

What is really needed is a (2 track/4track/3.5m) snap on trackside asset that snaps onto the one track, and the other spline point hanging off is used to drag the adjacent track spline point into register with it.

The PRR standard of the world was used nationwide, and if you zoom in on most all areas of the U S, tracks measure at @ 3.5m (13 foot). Especially in yards it may be even closer together spacing.

In other Countries track spacing may be 4m, or even greater farther apart.

But it since static/building asset way gauges need custom fine rotation, and do not snap on to one track, or the other track, static/building way gauges and jigs are totally useless !

West of Chicago the spacing is much wider because there is plenty of room to spread things out. Up where I am north of Boston, the B&M track spacing ranged from 3 meters to 4m depending upon the location and the times when the lines were built. Remember our earliest railroads date back to the early 1830s.

What is really needed is a (2 track/4track/3.5m) snap on trackside asset that snaps onto the one track, and the other spline point hanging off is used to drag the adjacent track spline point into register with it.

The PRR standard of the world was used nationwide, and if you zoom in on most all areas of the U S, tracks measure at @ 3.5m (13 foot). Especially in yards it may be even closer together spacing.

In other Countries track spacing may be 4m, or even greater farther apart.

But it since static/building asset way gauges need custom fine rotation, and do not snap on to one track, or the other track, static/building way gauges and jigs are totally useless !
There are a lot of Guides on the DL by martinvk that snap to the track. Look at <kuid2:70337:23015:2> guide 5t 4m spacing or <kuid2:70337:23002:4> Guide 5t 5m spacing. These are for 5 track wide there are also 2t, 3t and 4t. There are also turn out and crossover guides.

Back