What is your favourite Assets / Session / Route from the DLS?

buedi

Hi everyone,

I only recently got myself 2019 Platinum and I am having a lot of fun with the built-in stuff so far. Regarding the DLS, I wonder what your favourite Routes, Sessions or Assets are I should put into my Picklist for DLS.
I drive all and everything, so no preference for loco types, countries etc... I hope you can give me some ideas for DLS content you have a lot of fun with :)

Last edited:
Please don't start threads like this. Clearly you only want to have a thread with your name on it that gets lots of responses. Don't ask others to think for you. Do it yourself by exploring the DLS and the forum.

William

Please don't start threads like this. Clearly you only want to have a thread with your name on it that gets lots of responses. Don't ask others to think for you. Do it yourself by exploring the DLS and the forum.

William

I fail to see how you have come to this conclusion , you can read this guys mind?
Leave him be, threads like this can be useful to remind us of items we haven't yet come across, he could spend forever on the DLS downloading cruddy , unfinished and half baked routes wasting his time. No one is forcing you to participate are they ?

You make my point perfectly. There are already thousands of threads just like this on this forum now. What are the best routes, best locos, best trees, best rolling stock, best objects with foreign names, best this and best that. New users should look around and read those threads first.

William

You make my point perfectly. There are already thousands of threads just like this on this forum now. What are the best routes, best locos, best trees, best rolling stock, best objects with foreign names, best this and best that. New users should look around and read those threads first.

William
Who cares? as I said ,why get onto him ? just pass by and find a thread that interests you, no one is forcing you to participate.
What a nice welcome to the hobby, in the first 5 posts he makes he gets criticized by crabby forum members. lighten up.
:)
As for addressing the topic. 2019 routes.
You could do a lot worse to try out Bear Creek and Jackson by Horace Fithers, named BCSJ-507 but be warned, it might tax your GPU , i just had to pull all the sliders down on a 6gb gtx 1660ti , very high quality route.
also go on over to Trainz italia free section and try anything by Jango. Rollins Pass, Donner pass, White pass and Yukon.
be warned though ,a lot of their stuff may not display right on 2019 as much of it needs updating, you could have a big kuid hunt to get the routes to display without a load of bare patches.

" ... he could spend forever on the DLS downloading cruddy , unfinished and half baked routes wasting his time."

My sentiments entirely. It's easy for us old timers to forget the time we have spent skimming through the Download Station every morning to see what new works of art have appeared overnight. And the difficulty we faced sorting the gems from the dross.

So lets think a little about routes. He has TRS19. So should he expect routes that take advantage of all the new features -- PBR textures, TurfFX, ... ? He's a beginner so might he expect that any route he downloads will work straight out of the box, be complete and that all the dependencies will be either built-in or from the Download Station? My experience indicates that these two requirements probably eliminate over 90% of the routes on the Download Station.

Anyway, I'll put my name forward. buedi, see here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?158162-New-layout-The-Deepwater-Railroad-Company

and:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?157492-Newish-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Railroad-Co

and:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151679-TRS19-layout-The-Hoofhearted-amp-Smelz-RRCo

There are several more. Give us feedback if this is appropriate.

Phil

I sympathise with both points of view on this.

The problem here is the term "your favourite" - my favourite could be his "cruddy, unfinished, half baked" and vice versa.

But he may get some ideas from what others think are "great assets" even if others disagree.

I see no harm in threads like this - you can always skip over them to something more interesting.

Hmmm. You might want to correct your thread title. This is a family forum :hehe:
First I thought I posted on a completely wrong website, until I´ve seen the Typo I made. I am still not sure what assest means, but it seems to have something to do with eating habits? I hope I corrected the right word now in the title :hehe:

I´m sorry. I was not aware that the forum has a points system people are trying to farm for. It was not my intention to make an impression like that. The reason I asked is, that the DLS is very overwhelming with the amount of content for (what I think) various versions of Trainz it has. I already spent a few days downloading a single Session for Niddertalbahn 2019 which just made the game crash. As it turns out this seems to be connected to a bug in the Trainz 2019 Platinum Build which might get fixed in a future update. But nonetheless: After days of anticipation I ended up with nothing for now. This is why I included the game version I am using and was curious what DLS content other players enjoy. I could still end up with something crashing the game again, but at least I would attempt to download something someone else likes and has a good quality. And I can use this in the future.

Try these
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...es-TANE-Friendly-Classics-The-best-of-the-DLS
Pretty much anything "made for TANE" will work in TRS19
Thank you very much for the link! Unfortunately it tells me I do not have permissions (yet?). Maybe connected to what wreeder tried to point out? I need more posts / points of some sort to unlock other parts of the forums?

You could do a lot worse to try out Bear Creek and Jackson by Horace Fithers, named BCSJ-507 but be warned, it might tax your GPU , i just had to pull all the sliders down on a 6gb gtx 1660ti , very high quality route.
also go on over to Trainz italia free section and try anything by Jango. Rollins Pass, Donner pass, White pass and Yukon.
be warned though ,a lot of their stuff may not display right on 2019 as much of it needs updating, you could have a big kuid hunt to get the routes to display without a load of bare patches.
Awesome recommendations! I put Bear Creek on the Picklist and wow! Trainz Italia looks awesome. I´ll look through that site after this post. Very, very interesting :D

My sentiments entirely. It's easy for us old timers to forget the time we have spent skimming through the Download Station every morning to see what new works of art have appeared overnight. And the difficulty we faced sorting the gems from the dross.
[...]
Anyway, I'll put my name forward. buedi, see here:
[...]
There are several more. Give us feedback if this is appropriate.
You are right. The amount of content in the DLS is overwhelming for me being new. I have over 4.500 Playtime in another game I play since many, many years and which gets new content every 3 months. I have no problem with all the game mechanics and content introduced during that time. But getting thrown into it now without any knowledge? Good lord! :confused:

You also mention some other good points. I really though that everything in DLS which has dependencies can only be uploaded if it can fulfill these dependencies. It is good to know early that this is not always the case. I have no problem tinkering with a game and doing some research to get something up and running. It´s just good to know what to expect. Thanks for that!

And excellent links! They are open now in my other tabs and I´ll be happy to read those after this post here is set :)
After a first look they seem to be focused on hauling cargo which, thinking about it a bit, is what I seem to enjoy much more than hauling passengers. Those routes look beautiful and like a lot of fun hours of shunting and hauling cargo :D

Thank you very much to everyone helping me here. I appreciate that very much :wave:

I do not have TRS19 but my current favourite route is Port Tillamook for TANE the modifying author stouthm is currently working on a version for TRS19 but the TANE version which should work in TRS19 is a beautiful route with plenty of industries, most of the assets are on the DLS and any missing dependancies can probably be ignored.
I am assuming you have a First Class Ticket as you will find it essential for exploring the DLS, but it is well worth the cost.

Ken

Last edited:
I've started something lately but I know I don't know how long I'll stick with it. I check the Content Manager every day for the previous days uploads. Not just Routes, Sessions, and Loco's but rolling stock and and all other assets (unless obviously not something I want to see.) While in CM make sure you have all columns showing and while "on" an item (highlighted) do a Right Click and "Open" "Preview" (Ctrl+Shift+R) to view the item. (Some items don't have a preview or the preview is not a true preview of the item.)

It won't take long to know what to look at and what not to look at. (Pertains to you or not) and you will learn some things.

Admittedly, sometimes there are just too many but at least try it for a while. You will learn what those foreign language items are too. Like "BS Gasometro."

Routes by philskene, MSGSapper, Danddhud's Powder River route, and I would grab Dangavel's Uintah route quick, while you still have the complementary FCT! It will take me months to download.... ;) Also, Alikiwi has been making sessions for some of these routes, and Assets by Majekear and Davesnow are some of the best. And keep your eye on the Freeware Forum, people announce great routes and assets there all the time. Recently the L&A, the Eastern Kentucky, 10GB Romanian Route, if you can handle it, And Euromodeller is teasing us with a WIP multi-level route that has some amazing architecture! Plus locos and rolling stock by TrainzForge and others. And I know I am missing a lot!

Buedi welcome to the forum.
Many times it looks like a little chicken farm with a lot of roosters (and few chicken)running around and do their rooster thing.:hehe:
Take your time and sift thru the amount of information and follow trainz newsletter and announcements it will show you what is currently kind of interest too.

Maybe just to round this off, quite a few of us use the so called "White Pages" in preference to Manage Content. We find it easier to skim through the new releases. Here:
https://www.auran.com/DLS/

If you open CM and have the upload date tab activated you can click on the tab to list the assets in date order with the newest ones first. In trainz settings tick manage content as thumbnails and you can see an image of the asset unless the creator failed to provide one.

For a nice UK route, give "The Big Build - Bluewizard" a try. He also has some YouTube vids to go along with it.

Kuid:<kuid:837912:100075>, Author name "unknownplays"

Thank you everyone for your recommendations. Since it´s weekend again, I used most of Friday Evening and Saturday to start a lot of downloads, fixing missing Content messages and try to get everything sorted. Fortunately I also had time to try out some of the new content and wow! Those are all very impressively crafted and mindblowingly beautiful. I love it so far. Thank you very much again :wave:

Back