Not all built-in TANE assets on DLS for TRS19?

ctclark1

I just purchased TRS19 on Steam and followed instructions for transferring my personally built routes over, but some of them utilize built-in items from TANE, which don't show up at all on the DLS, in particular:

<kuid2:146523:246:1> 50ft Boxcar BN #244378
<kuid2:60238:37038:2> Track Green Invisible in Driver
<kuid2:60238:37039:2> Track Red Invisible in Driver
<kuid2:146523:9000:1> Relay Box Generic
<kuid2:146523:880:1> RR Crossbuck
<kuid2:151900:100211:2> Lever invisible

These items are all listed as "Built-In" when I copy the KUID list back into TANE's CM, but they just show up as unknown assets in the TRS19 CM, obviously with no option to download. How does one acquire these assets, then, without exporting to a CMP, which is expressly forbidden due to the texture problems noted in the transfer instructions?

On a similar question - "<kuid:-10:199> 54ft covered hopper" shows as "Third-Party, Faulty" in TRS19 and is causing two other assets (Installed from DLS) to show as faulty as well. I've tried deleting the -10:199 asset and forcing a redownload through the dependencies, but it still downloads as Faulty due to:
Code:
; <kuid:-10:199> Validating <kuid:-10:199>
! <kuid:-10:199> VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE86: Legacy .pm files are no longer supported. Switch to using a .lm file.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE86: Legacy .pm files are no longer supported. Switch to using a .lm file.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE62: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE39: The texture '54ft_covered_hopper_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 722
- <kuid:-10:199> VE20: Mesh 'load' referenced in 'queues/load0' was not found within the mesh table.
Is there any way to solve this as well?

There is a special TANE DLC download for TRS19 that contains some additional assets described as:-
These packages contain assets from TANE that are not found in the TANE standard routes - C&O Hinton Division, ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh, Healesville - 1913-1920 and Kickstarter County.

The package is identified as "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19" in the Content Store for TRS19 Platinum or as simc:sc491. This may be part of what you are missing?

<kuid2:146523:246:1> 50ft Boxcar BN #244378
<kuid2:60238:37038:2> Track Green Invisible in Driver
<kuid2:60238:37039:2> Track Red Invisible in Driver
<kuid2:146523:9000:1> Relay Box Generic

<kuid2:146523:880:1> RR Crossbuck
<kuid2:151900:100211:2> Lever invisible

Is there any way to solve this as well?

I think so. I took the highlighted assets and successfully got them from TANE into TRS19 in the space of 15 minutes. Here is how I did it.

-Opened asset for edit in TANE CM.
-Ran PEV's Images2TGA on the asset (converts the troublesome .texture files to .tga and .texture.txt files)
-Made a few repairs such as adding mesh-tables, thumbnails etc. to clean up the assets a bit. This step is entirely optional.
-Submitted the modified asset back into TANE and verified there were no faults.
-Exported the modified asset to a .CDP file.
-Opened TRS19 CM.
-Imported content file (i.e. the .CDP)
-Located the newly imported asset using the "Today" filter.
-Verified there were no faults.

The only one that I could not do was Lever invisible by Blue Sky Interactive. It is unfortunately locked against editing.

As for <kuid:-10:199>, that one isn't installed in my version of TRS19. I suppose it's from some DLC package that I don't have.

~ Deane

Last edited:

As for <kuid:-10:199>, that one isn't installed in my version of TRS19. I suppose it's from some DLC package that I don't have.

~ Deane

It's on the DLS as <kuid:-25:1179> which obsoletes a bunch of 54ft covered hoppers including <kuid:-10:199>. Still uses PM meshes.

There is a special TANE DLC download for TRS19 that contains some additional assets described as:-

The package is identified as "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19" in the Content Store for TRS19 Platinum or as simc:sc491. This may be part of what you are missing?
Ha! I'm an idiot... I was desperately trying to make everything work in CM before I opened the actual game, guess I should have opened that and discovered the Asset Download window first...

It's on the DLS as <kuid:-25:1179> which obsoletes a bunch of 54ft covered hoppers including <kuid:-10:199>. Still uses PM meshes.
Thanks! All I had to do was download it... If only there was a way to have known that without asking... lol

I think so. I took the highlighted assets and successfully got them from TANE into TRS19 in the space of 15 minutes. Here is how I did it.

-Opened asset for edit in TANE CM.
-Ran PEV's Images2TGA on the asset (converts the troublesome .texture files to .tga and .texture.txt files)
-Made a few repairs such as adding mesh-tables, thumbnails etc. to clean up the assets a bit. This step is entirely optional.
-Submitted the modified asset back into TANE and verified there were no faults.
-Exported the modified asset to a .CDP file.
-Opened TRS19 CM.
-Imported content file (i.e. the .CDP)
-Located the newly imported asset using the "Today" filter.
-Verified there were no faults.
<snip>
Hm, I guess if that's what I gotta do...

Last edited:
I should have mentioned that assets marked as "third party" are those that may, or may not, be faulty and are on the Content Repair Group's list to fix. Some, such as the 54 covered hopper, are Auran's (N3V) and we can't fix them but we do report them.

The CRG's faulty list is huge with many thousands of assets to fix. Some, such as those identified by Deane, are easy to fix but some can be problematic.

You can always download and attempt a local repair of a faulty asset. When the CRG fixes it, it will have a later kuid.

Back