bdaneal's coal tipple on a standard gauge layout

Just change the two references to the track kuid in the config file to what you want. I seem to have changed it in the past to SG TANE Oak track.

I'd go with MP242's solution. If you didn't plan to upload it to the DLS, then the other fixes would work, but when your route gets uploaded, the changes to the config file won't be there.

Bill

[EDITED] removed original post

If you use scenery splines like the concrete retaining walls in the following pic you can hide the void space below the spline track leading up to the coal dump side. Just grade both the track and walls to suit. You might also use a fill or embankment spline below the track leading to the coal dump side. Searching on "embankment" will turn up lots although most probably not suitable for this installation. There are several earth embankment splines that might work.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

By default the attached track should change to the kuid of the adjoining track type. So no need to play with "lay track" over the existing to hide it. If you don't want the track to change to the KUID you connect it to you can add the "useadjoiningtracktype 0" tag in the attached-track container. I would suggest you edit and specify the type of track you want to use for the in_track0 over the coal dump and add the previous mentioned tag to prohibit any changes when you attach up track to it. The mesh on the coal dump side has built in girders to support the track but they are at 36"spacing for the NG track. In the pic above I used a sg rail and ties (a no ballast track) over the dump but something to hide the girders might look better.

Bob Pearson

PS BTW the attached track for both tracks in the original config is kuid:-1:15 which is an old chunky mesh track. In TANE this is obsoleted by kuid:-25:1062 this is a sg track with ballast.

Last edited:
Back