Tip for Trainz Plus TRS19 users: Texture replacement also works on scenery splines!

MSGSapper

Trainz route developer
I decided to take the plunge an subscribe to Trainz Plus today so that I could use the new tool features shown in the following YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAh...-93074557&mc_cid=47a45f05fe&mc_eid=e973a8d7a4

The ability to place ballast on the track spline sounded great and it does work. It got me wondering if the same thing would work with road splines, although there was nothing to indicate this anywhere. I decided to set up an experiment and use the same procedures, but this time instead of a track spline, I used a road spline. Results: It worked!

Here is a screenshot of before I used the texture replacement procedure shown in the YouTube video. The textures under the road were PBR grass:

Before-texture-replacement-on-the-road-spline.jpg

Here is a screenshot taken after using the replacement procedure with a gravel ballast texture I had:

After-texture-replacement-on-the-road-spline.jpg

This would be very useful when used in conjunction with the new Trainz Plus TRS19 TurfFx and Clutter tools to ensure no grass is placed on roads, parking lots, etc as is a frequent problem now. You would first place some type of texture of your choice under the road splines and then apply to ground textures that you specifically specify. Result: No grass or on the roads!

Hope this helps everyone!

Bob

Thanks. I keep forgetting about that feature. I spent a few hours yesterday mowing the grass along the tracks and roads on one of my routes.

Hi Bob,John,all,

I am very excited finally we can use the tools so much needed and no grass clutter on roads and tracks!!
With all the madness and sadness in the world Trainz is a bright sunshine for many of us to maintain a sort of healthy mind and body.

This week we start prepping our ricefieldsaround the house, so lots of work outside and lucky far from civilisation and big town madness.
Feel really sorry for all those real innocent people getting killed because of wreckless gangs and individuals roaming the world.
The Division 2 is almost a real life example of how we might end up finally!

stay safe and healthy y'all.

Roy and Ning

Back