General slowdown of the Forum

I took it that me being a Glasgow man someone from competing Edinburgh was niggling me..........

On my two visits during the past 5 years to both Glasgow and Edinburgh, I must say that I preferred Glasgow. There is only so much of Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile that one can take.:D

I've added some more resources to one of our DB servers, this should help smooth some peak load out.

I agree. Self isolation is bad enough but if I'm not connected then I might just lose it. :eek:

I've been to Edinburgh but all I remember is the rain and lots of it.

Thanks for that nice comment pware regarding Glasgow in contrast to Edinburgh. We do have a very old cathedral and a very old house to visit opposite it. The Art Galleries very impressive (and free!) and another historical artwork place south of the River Clyde, etc. Great suburban rail system (most extensive outwith London) and a pleasant place to shop and visit here as well. Edinburgh likes to have a posh attitude (and can be pricey!). More relaxing here as well as the busiest rail station in Scotland!
:)

We do have a very old cathedral and a very old house to visit opposite it. The Art Galleries very impressive (and free!)

Not to mention the great museums and my partner is a fan of Charles Rennie Mackintosh so a visit to the Mackintosh House, and his architecture and artworks that can still be found in buildings around Glasgow, was an essential part of both trips.

Last edited:
Maybe OT, but thanks for the discussion! I hope to tour the UK one of these days, and I'll be sure Glasgow is on the itinerary...

I don't mind, as long as it doesn't get too far OT, or overly long-winded. I had a chance to get stationed at Edzell, Scotland, but was sent to Japan instead. I have a friend, another author by the name of Randall Krzak, who lives in Scotland. He sends me pictures all the time.

Well, enough of that. Over the last couple of days, the slowup seems to have evened out somewhat. Long delays are gone and most pages appear within ten seconds or so.

Bill

I haven't noticed much slow down but for some reason about 60% (sometimes more) of the PMs I send never reach their destination. Could this be a side effect of the server being busier than usual? Is anyone else having this issue? Ha it's gonna be really embarrassing if this turns out to be me not clicking send although I've ruled that out... for the most part.

It looks like the forums are back to its original speed, since today it has been pretty fast with loading

Cheers

Back