General slowdown of the Forum

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Has anyone else noticed/experienced a great deal of time (up to 30 seconds for me) before a given page of the forum is displayed? I've tried it with all of my browsers on three different computers and every one of them experiences huge delays of many seconds. I realize the Internet may be clogged more than normal with stay-at-homes, but, wow, 30 seconds?

Bill

Yes, I have experienced the same thing. Often what seem like very long pauses waiting for a page to load. And it is localized to this site only. No problems with other sites.

Paul :)

Yes just happened to me, but only on the initial load. After that it is normal time for each post. Maybe sever issues with making the initial connection.

I noticed it as well along with a lot of other websites as well. The 'net is a bit busy with everyone staying home.

Likewise on the topics too. :)

I have noticed it for a long time, usually at the thread (or topic) level. Going through most of the forums is OK, but when I click on a specific thread it will sit and spin and say connecting, and then often time out and I have to hit refresh. Nothing new for me though, I have noticed it for a long time..

I have noticed it for a long time, usually at the thread (or topic) level. Going through most of the forums is OK, but when I click on a specific thread it will sit and spin and say connecting, and then often time out and I have to hit refresh. Nothing new for me though, I have noticed it for a long time..

Exactly. The main headers, and the thread listings, are mostly okay, but clicking on anything specific so you can read the thread takes quite a while and will occasionally time out.

here's what TRACEROUTE says:

bill@bill-UBU:~$ traceroute forums.auran.com
traceroute to forums.auran.com (34.200.198.144), 64 hops max
1 192.168.1.254 0.766ms 0.602ms 0.470ms
2 76.243.42.1 17.315ms 22.508ms 18.099ms
3 * * *
4 12.123.159.246 27.675ms 31.737ms 32.053ms
5 12.123.159.93 27.772ms 26.917ms 26.607ms
6 12.245.40.22 26.744ms 26.415ms 27.778ms
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * ^C <<<--- I killed it after 2 minutes passed
bill@bill-UBU:~$

Bill

Last edited:
It took 34 seconds for this thread to appear from when i clicked on the notification email link. Could be heavy use, but the rest of the Internet seems just fine. I think it's the California servers being the problem. I guess this confirms I'm not the only one.

Bill

Agonisingly slow for me. Now I generally have two or more browser tabs open. I scan other sites will waiting for the Forum pages to open.

I was also suffering from the slowdown effect about an hour ago but now it seems to be back to normal. Individual threads (this one for example as well as new ones) are opening up without any delays.

Yeah I groaned and did a re-start then shut down and went on again. I took it that me being a Glasgow man someone from competing Edinburgh was niggling me..........

My pc is plugged into the phone for internet access. Although there is far greater use of these forums (etc) I've only noticed a slight delay in pages loading, of no more than 2 seconds.

Back