Trainz Plus backward compatibility

escd84

I am considering giving Trainz Plus a chance.

As a route builder, I am interested in what happens when I save a route and session in Plus, it can also be used in a regional version or in a standard TRS19 (without Plus, Premium, Silver, Gold or whatever) version?

Does the version also include the "simple" installer of the DLC? So that I can control what I want installed?

Why can't I apply the one-time monthly discount to the annual payment?

It is intended to offer the Plus version on Steam at some point? And that means not only intended ("soon") rather maybe with a time frame ("it will be tested and should be available in 2-3 weeks").

Hi Escd84
As a route builder, I am interested in what happens when I save a route and session in Plus, it can also be used in a regional version or in a standard TRS19 (without Plus, Premium, Silver, Gold or whatever) version?

I have not personally tested routes edited/created in the latest Trainz Plus with previous builds, but might give this a shot tonight and put a reply in with how it went. Generally routes edited or created in a newer build are not guaranteed to work in a previous build, however in a few cases we do work to ensure this...

Which leads to the second part. Content made in the TRS19 Platinum Edition/TrainzPlus '3' (ie builds 105100 and 105113) can be used with TRS19 SP1 builds; we have worked to make sure this is the case for these builds :)

Does the version also include the "simple" installer of the DLC? So that I can control what I want installed?
For the 'simple' DLC installer, the TRS19 Platinum Edition/TrainzPlus '3' and onwards include the new Content Store which allows you to manage the DLC packs in Trainz :)

Why can't I apply the one-time monthly discount to the annual payment?
Unfortunately the membership system we are using only allows '1 month' discounts (or free offers) to be applied to a monthly membership. However after the first month has ended, you can change your membership to the yearly membership via the 'my memberships' page in your MyTrainz account.

It is intended to offer the Plus version on Steam at some point? And that means not only intended ("soon") rather maybe with a time frame ("it will be tested and should be available in 2-3 weeks").
Unfortunately Steam doesn't support our membership system, and as such at this point it isn't possible for us to release the TrainzPlus editions via Steam. Features included in TrainzPlus releases are generally (not always guaranteed, as plans may change for different features) released in a new release every year or two; as seen with the TRS19 Platinum Edition :)

We are, however, currently working on making the TRS19 Platinum Edition available through Steam. Unfortunately it isn't a simple process, due to the way Steam works, so we don't have a timeframe for this.

Regards

Thanks for the reply Zec, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

I have given the Plus once a try.

Which leads to the second part. Content made in the TRS19 Platinum Edition/TrainzPlus '3' (ie builds 105100 and 105113) can be used with TRS19 SP1 builds; we have worked to make sure this is the case for these builds :)

It works almost, <kuid:-25:1327> Drive Schedule is only available in my TrainzPlus version and makes the version <kuid:-3:10186> Drive Schedule obsole which is the Drive Schedule version in SP1. So here you get missing content and so no chance for Regional Editions or game without any sub. But when <kuid:-25:1327> became public via DLS then everything is fine.

Unfortunately Steam doesn't support our membership system, and as such at this point it isn't possible for us to release the TrainzPlus editions via Steam.

Crazy what I can't explain: I have Steam Build 105175 and N3V StoreBuild 105096 installed. After I installed Trainz Plus with a completely new third database, I can now also use the quick change between driver and surveyor in the 105175 and 105096 versions. So in short, I can now use the Unified Driver Surveyor which i get with 106618 now in my 105175 Steam version and it works fine. Magical communication between the 3 versions or is the code already included in each version and is triggered with a home call of the game?

I can tell you, so far the current versions of the plus does work in SP1 for TRS19.
I had used some of the tools for my routes, and then imported it to SP1 to see if any problems came, and so far none did.
Once a while I'll import to the plus because of the tools, but once I'm done, I'll just export it to bring it back to SP1 to continue working.

Cheers

Be warned, (I just found out recently) that if you are importing any Trs2004 maps into 19 you must first import them into TANE and then save them and then import them from there into 19

Be careful 106618 is a beta version for the membership option. If you stop your membership you will loose the rights to use it and you will revert to 105100 or 105096.

Back