Content Manager 1000's of hidden Assets

gch

What better to do in a viral crisis but to tackle things in Trainz that you have let drift by. I have been using Trainz for quite a few years and have occasionally stunbled across unusual sightings of interesting buildings. No doubt all you clever clogs have known this all the time.

I have only just realised that if you enter French or German words it gives you a huge new selection to look at.

Mostly buildings so far but plenty of them. Just type in Maison (House) or Usine (factory) or Chateau d'eau ( water tower) and similarly in German.

I assume separate words for Russian, Japanese, and every other Nation under the sun must exist in the DLS. Similarly for plants - all you need is the right words.

More interestingly, these assets reflect French or German architecture which give a fresh new look and totally different feel to the typical British, American, Aussie buildings.

Has anyone gone very far down this road and, if so, do they have a personal library of French or German key words

Interested to see what you think

Graham,
Clifton,
Shefford
UK

Every route I make I have a excel file with all the industries and what they produce and except, a list of all the products in the route and another sheet that has the english words of items with other languages as a tool to help me search on the download station. This really help me last summer with a trip to Italy, i knew words in italian that I did not know I knew because of this sim.

Many, many thanks. A lovely treasure trove of foreign assets to play with.

A real MEGA bonus for me is I've found another 3 masted warship which I can add to HMS Victory ##Graham

Pretty nice feature, but why should the game just give you the items and all it a day instead?

Last edited:
These are good ideas. But here is one problem maybe N3V could fix. I do not speak German but the word for street is in German Strasse which has what English speakers would call a double s. However Germans generally use what looks like a distorted lower case b instead of ss. If you do a DLS search on strab you will find about 100, and if you search on strasse you will find about 300.

If N3V could change all uses of strab to strasse it would make the DLS more useful.

What I do is use Google Translate and type in the English word for whatever I'm looking for and translate to the various languages.

Back