A fond good bye from Railhead001

Railhead001

Many of you may have noticed I have not posted much lately for my layouts or reskins. Reason being, several assets on my Black Creek Sub layout went "faulty" over one night for no apparent reason other then TANE being TANE. The frustration level is pretty hard to even put into words. Pissed only partially can describe my feelings. Anyway that was as they say, the last straw. And yes I tried a bunch of database repairs, reinstalls, downloads etc etc... to no avail and mind you it was not just 1 or 2 items involved but many assets hence the high frustration level. (And did I mention I made no recent updates to TANE or changes either, worked fine one night, next night KABOOM.)

So I made a major decision. That being instead of buying a new PC which really I do not need, I am sinking some cash into making an actual MRR "L" shaped shelf layout, 2' by 11' on one wall and 2' by 8' on the other in HO scale. Ironically, I decided to make it loosely based on my CSX Black Creek Sub layout with the focal point being a Tropicana Juice plant supplied by boxcars from a produce warehouse (Sunrise Produce) that gets oranges from an orchard and then shipping juice by reefers to a cold storage warehouse (McCook) along with a kitbashed (Cargill) Corn syrup truck/rail transfer facility to supply the Trop plant with and a new industry which will be a soda distributor.

Secondary industries will include a freight transfer warehouse (Touchstar), cabinet manufacturer (Urban Cabinetry), lumber yard and previously mentioned soda distributor.(Some names sound familiar?) All inter dependent industries. At this point I have just completed purchasing 2 DCC/Sound equipped locos and several pieces of modern rolling stock. Track will be ordered shortly as well as the modular benchwork.

The detailing skills I learned with TANE should carry over nicely. One I start the actual construction I will be posting videos and probably comparing scenes to my virtual layout. I might even make them as close as possible to see if I can recreate them as a real MRR.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to my enjoyment over the past couple years with TANE and making it a fun hobby more times then not, especially the asset creators who I could not have made my CSX BCS without their skills and talents.....

Best wishes to all and I hope everyone stays healthy...

RH001

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

Thank you for all your great work, I'm sure a lot of us here (obviously including me) have a still are enjoying your creations.

All the best building your HO layout and I look forward to seeing it develope.

Take care,

Craig

Hello Dan.

Thanks to you for making us enjoy your model layouts and I hope and wish that you enjoy your new task of creating that HO model layout as much as we have enjoyed and enjoyed yours virtually.

Receive a cordial greeting and take good care of yourself and your family.

Manuel

Best of luck in your new pursuits, RH. Many thanks for al the hours of entertainment you have given us, both in your routes and in your detailing work. After some time away I hope you will be back. I am still hoping in vain for a resurrection of the Utah Belt layout!

Fare thee well Railhead001 and may your bank balance be sufficient for the new hobby. If not, we'll see you on the other side.

~ Deane
Model Railroading NOW-A-DAY'S is a really expensive hobby -opposed to our cyber one here- especially if you want to recreate your "Black Creek Sub" endeavor!!! :eek: Your "Black Creek Sub" looks and works perfectly on my TRS19; NO faulty anything, and my computer is 9 years old? [I'm gonna' buy a new cpu in a short while, however -as it's time- and my computer is showing its first signs of being on it last legs!] Maybe it's TaNE! TaNE for me was always unstable.

Before I purchased TRS19, I used to save a pristine version of my "Userdata" folder (and it was quite enormous. Close to 1TB), on a separate external drive; so that when [NOT if] TaNE would do it's nonsense, I would delete the "current" Userdata folder from within TaNE, then download the saved Userdata file on my Ex. into the TaNE program. Of course it is good to do this just before you sleep; as it can take sometime -sometimes up to even 4 in the afternoon of the next day- BUT what you get in return is a "pristine version" of your TaNE program -once again! Save regularly your routes and other to a separate folder outside the program, just in case TaNE is naughty the very next day! In this way, any new work you've done can then be imported over to your "new" pristine version... yet again! :hehe:

But maybe it's time for you to move on over to TRS19... hmmm? TRS19 is quite stable IMO and to many on this here forum. To recreate your Black Creek Sub into a MRR will (again), cost you 10's of thousands of dollars! I hope you reconsider. You and Approach Medium are among the very best American route creators we have! It really would be a shame to lose you! :( But I wish you well with whatever you finally do decide to do....

-Clint

Back