Reply with your DLS freeware recommendations!

D1ScafellPike

T:ANE User
Now before anybody asks, yes I do have T:ANE, it is just registered through a different account that I can't use.

As of the recent pandemic and all that, I've gotten back into Trainz (A New Era). I've gotten myself a 30 day First Class Ticket so I can use the download station to my heart's content. Please reply with any recommendations you have for high quality routes, engines, rolling stock, buildings, objects, etc. I'm mostly interested in UK, US, Russian, Australian, but open for any recommendations you have!

I also recently downloaded Trainz 2009 but have no FCT for that, recommendations for Trainz '09 still welcome though!

If there's another thread out there like this, I apologise I didn't look for very long. But here is a new one anyway!

Hope you are all staying safe,
Happy Trainzing and many thanks from Greg!
:D

Contacting the helpdesk (the button on top of this page) and asking to merge your 2 accounts should solve the missing trainz stop issue. This will also help you as many choose not to reply to non registered versions until they see proof of ownership.

Cheers I guess, others have moaned at me that I shouldn't use this account, then that started an argument between two other users, oh well =/. Yeah it might be worth I look into that, but haven't been bothered lately if I'm honest.

Cheers I guess, others have moaned at me that I shouldn't use this account, then that started an argument between two other users, oh well =/. Yeah it might be worth I look into that, but haven't been bothered lately if I'm honest.

I don't know of any answers to your first question but I'll say that I appreciate this username of yours. :D

Any good reason you can’t use the other account?
Really, humor me. Have banned people before for using two accounts for the wrong reason.
Feel free to use PM for that.

Though probably better:
I strongly recommend and suggest you follow up on maruffijd’s suggestion for mainly his arguments and because of “can’t use” is really an argument everyone with an illegal version can state.

Any good reason you can’t use the other account?
Really, humor me. Have banned people before for using two accounts for the wrong reason.
Feel free to use PM for that.

Though probably better:
I strongly recommend and suggest you follow up on maruffijd’s suggestion for mainly his arguments and because of “can’t use” is really an argument everyone with an illegal version can state.

Believe me if you want I suppose, this is my account set up for T:ANE. My dad started it when he bought me Trainz, but wasn't aware of my first account D1ScafellPike. I don't really want to use it because he will get spammed with all the emails etc. I know we can change the email and whatever, I'll ask him about that later. Yeah I suppose it is about time I sorted the two accounts out, but please, let it slip for the time being.

Good enough for me for now.
It will help you have it all fixed in one account in the long run. It avoid having this same discussion in every new topic you start.
Good luck with the Helpdesk :D.

Happy trainzing!

My Suggestions

neville_hill
<kuid:304444:101412>
Dearnby & District: UK 1950's - 1960's Mainline, Branches & Narrow Gauge v2.0
UK
vern
<kuid2:30024:20067:1>
Kovdor Branch
RU
approachmedium
<kuid:109664:800002>
Mid Atlantic & Western
US
neville_hill
<kuid:304444:101096>
Mold and Denbigh branchline V2 , North Wales, UK: 1950s-1960s TANE
UK
approachmedium
<kuid:109664:600005>
Pennsylvania & Berwind Phase 1
US
rumour3
<kuid:79563:100144>
Porchester and Bull's Well
UK
gparker
<kuid:336550:1130>
worth valley branch line
UK

Alright, to bring this thread back on topic, here are some good routes worth downloading that I've found.
No order, just alphabetical.

I would say
- Everything made by PhileSkene
- Everything made by MSGSapper
- Everything made by oknotsen
Those 3 only use built-in or DLS only content. I am sure there are a few more, but those 3 I am sure of. So all 3 save you a dependency hunt.
The two at the top also have great route building skill, the third is an amateur but some appreciate his tries.

If you like electrics then Midshire Mainline by nexusdj is a good route. Not sure of any routes that embody a Peak’s marching grounds but since they were dispersed they’d find work on most of the routes mentioned above :) .

Sorry, my bad on the 4.6. Then can I recommend all of the assets made by Davesnow. Excellent stuff and most of it 4.5 and under. Buildings rolling stock, locos and all. And for rolling stock rgcx has hundreds of great assets.

If you like electrics then Midshire Mainline by nexusdj is a good route. Not sure of any routes that embody a Peak’s marching grounds but since they were dispersed they’d find work on most of the routes mentioned above :) .

I shall check that out, sounds good. Thanks!

Can't the config file trainz-build line tag numeral be edited, to be that of your trainz-build numeral, backdating them ? That works in ALL other Trainz versions when you backdate the trainz-build tag line numeral. I have gotten plenty of TS19, T:ANE, TS12, TS10, TS09 assets backdated so that they work in TRS2006. However, routes are never backdatable.

Interesting thought, but I wouldn't be able to do that yet I don't have the knowledge. Are there any tutorials etc I can find, if it's a skill worth learning in your opinion?

Can't the config file trainz-build line tag numeral be edited, to be that of your trainz-build numeral, backdating them ?
Not an option with...
... routes
... sessions
... assets that use new technical features like the PBR materials in TS19

Back