Edit Session , Driver Setup issue

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
In an existing route, imported from TRS2004, I have a consist running around driven by an AI. I added a new consist and in the Edit Session, Driver Setup. I gave the new driver some instructions.
Back in Driver Mode, I see the consist has no driver and no commands.

Is there something else I need to do in TRS19?

I read this earlier, and I've been thinking about it.

The only thing that I think can cause this is if you opened up the wrong version of the session.

But the session was never closed. With the map open, while in Surveyor, I place a loco on one of the tracks. I go into Edit Session / Driver Setup and don't see the new loco. I Add a driver and assign it to the new loco and give it a simple command to navigate to one of the stations. Note that the Generate new Drivers for empty trains is checked. Exit the Edit session. Enter Drive mode and the new loco has another driver assigned to it and no commands. The driver from the Driver Setup rule is nowhere to be found.
The route only has one session.

'Generate new Drivers for empty trains', I see no advantage to this and prefer to uncheck and assign the driver myself.

In an existing route, imported from TRS2004, I have a consist running around driven by an AI. I added a new consist and in the Edit Session, Driver Setup. I gave the new driver some instructions.
Back in Driver Mode, I see the consist has no driver and no commands.

This can happen if there are two copies of the Driver Setup Rule in the Session Editor and both have the same loco or locos in their command list. Any commands issued to the second copy of each loco will be ignored.

'Generate new Drivers for empty trains', I see no advantage to this and prefer to uncheck and assign the driver myself.

It means that if you add additional consists in a session then they will automatically be given a randomly selected driver. It saves you having to open the Session Editor and the Driver Setup rule to manually add each driver. I find it to be a time saver.

Last edited:
OK, from the top. In build 105100
There is only one session
one session.JPG

A new loco is added to the session
new loco added to session.JPG

In the edit session window, there is only one driver setup rule
one driver setup.JPG

A new driver was not automatically added even though the Generate new drivers check box is checked
no new driver auto added.JPG

Manually added Alan as the driver with one command
manually added driver and one command.JPG

Now in Driver mode, I see that another driver, Graham is associated with the new loco and he has no command
in driver mode another driver and no command.JPG

No surprisingly, Alan is not found in the consist list either
Alan not in driver list.JPG

Did I forget a vital step in the process? Was the process changed in build 105100?

Removed the little 44 toner, removed the tick mark from the "Remove all existing drivers list" and even removed the "Generate new Drivers ... "
The same results including this Graham guy showing up when I had selected Alan.

Also tried to use the Copy Command from rule to see if that would do something. Nope, Graham is still there and the new loco hasn't moved.

Back