Help with Bendorsey/msgsaper coal mines

roca999

Just a quick question if someone knows how to help....There are several coal mines that do not show the bay number to direct a train for loading using the navigate to command. I am interested in two of them.....3_Track_Coal_Mine_1_Mod4 kuid2:439337:100997:1 and the Black_Ridge_Coal_Mine_2 kuid2:210518:10642:2. Is there anything I can "simply" do to fix this? I have been searching for stop to load coal mines and having a heck of a time finding one. I am assuming these are just outdated for trainz plus. Thanks

Last edited:
The simple answer would be to place a trackmark where you want them to go with orders to load, or whatever you want them to do.

Just a quick question if someone knows how to help....There are several coal mines that do not show the bay number to direct a train for loading using the navigate to command. I am interested in two of them.....3_Track_Coal_Mine_1_Mod4 kuid2:439337:100997:1 and the Black_Ridge_Coal_Mine_2 kuid2:210518:10642:2. Is there anything I can "simply" do to fix this? I have been searching for stop to load coal mines and having a heck of a time finding one. I am assuming these are just outdated for trainz plus. Thanks

Use instead the Drive To command instead of the Navigate To command.

By default the Drive To command is not one of the listed commands available to you in the Driver Setup section. You can change that however by editing the Driver Commands section. Just enable the Drive To command and you can use it in the Driver Setup section. This works for me when designing sessions.

IMHO the Drive To command should be enabled by default by N3V......

Bob

Use instead the Drive To command instead of the Navigate To command.

By default the Drive To command is not one of the listed commands available to you in the Driver Setup section. You can change that however by editing the Driver Commands section. Just enable the Drive To command and you can use it in the Driver Setup section. This works for me when designing sessions.

IMHO the Drive To command should be enabled by default by N3V......

Bob

Hi MSGSapper

Good to hear from ya....I really like a lot of your content, nice stuff.

I believe I now have the 3_Track_Coal_Mine_1_Mod4 fixed, after a lot of reading and trial & error testing. I really don't know trainz script stuff so I am going to post what I have done, because now it seems to work great except I don't see the dust or smoke effects. I can hear the loading but see no particles. My next project...:)
I actually spent 3 days testing various coal mines desperately trying to find one that actually would work, stop load with all the effects. Even tried various coal train cars. I just can't believe how hard that all turned out to be. Most of the coal mines I tested did not work at all. Many just drove thru the industry like it wasn't even there. I did try the Drive To command, it was actually worst. When trying to enter the Drive To command, nothing happens. You see nothing in the train command window. When I was trying to use Navigate To, I at least got the industry icon to show on the train command window, but no option to select a loading bay. But....it works now! My last test was running 3 trains at the same time, with 3 to 4 hoppers on each engine, one train to each loading bay. When you spend a week on just this, it was pleasant sight to see working :). Anyways, below is what I did:

Config file: added this after the processes just above the thumbnails.....

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]string-table
{
coaltower8_loadbay1 "Coal load bay #1"
coaltower8_loadbay2 "Coal load bay #2"
coaltower8_loadbay3 "Coal load bay #3"
}

script file: added this at the program end...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]public void AppendDriverDestinations(string[] destNames, string[] destTracks)
{
StringTable stringTable = GetAsset().GetStringTable();[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] destNames[destNames.size()] = stringTable.GetString("coaltower8_loadBay1");
destTracks[destTracks.size()] = "out_track_1";[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] destNames[destNames.size()] = stringTable.GetString("coaltower8_loadBay2");
destTracks[destTracks.size()] = "out_track_2";[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] destNames[destNames.size()] = stringTable.GetString("coaltower8_loadBay3");
destTracks[destTracks.size()] = "out_track_3";

}[/FONT]

Let me know what you think.....there are some others I would like to get working too.
[/FONT]

Hi MSGSapper

Good to hear from ya....I really like a lot of your content, nice stuff.

I believe I now have the 3_Track_Coal_Mine_1_Mod4 fixed, after a lot of reading and trial & error testing. I really don't know trainz script stuff so I am going to post what I have done, because now it seems to work great except I don't see the dust or smoke effects. I can hear the loading but see no particles. My next project...:)
I actually spent 3 days testing various coal mines desperately trying to find one that actually would work, stop load with all the effects. Even tried various coal train cars. I just can't believe how hard that all turned out to be. Most of the coal mines I tested did not work at all. Many just drove thru the industry like it wasn't even there. I did try the Drive To command, it was actually worst. When trying to enter the Drive To command, nothing happens. You see nothing in the train command window. When I was trying to use Navigate To, I at least got the industry icon to show on the train command window, but no option to select a loading bay. But....it works now! My last test was running 3 trains at the same time, with 3 to 4 hoppers on each engine, one train to each loading bay. When you spend a week on just this, it was pleasant sight to see working :). Anyways, below is what I did:

Config file: added this after the processes just above the thumbnails.....

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]string-table
{
coaltower8_loadbay1 "Coal load bay #1"
coaltower8_loadbay2 "Coal load bay #2"
coaltower8_loadbay3 "Coal load bay #3"
}

script file: added this at the program end...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]public void AppendDriverDestinations(string[] destNames, string[] destTracks)
{
StringTable stringTable = GetAsset().GetStringTable();[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] destNames[destNames.size()] = stringTable.GetString("coaltower8_loadBay1");
destTracks[destTracks.size()] = "out_track_1";[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] destNames[destNames.size()] = stringTable.GetString("coaltower8_loadBay2");
destTracks[destTracks.size()] = "out_track_2";[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] destNames[destNames.size()] = stringTable.GetString("coaltower8_loadBay3");
destTracks[destTracks.size()] = "out_track_3";

}[/FONT]

Let me know what you think.....there are some others I would like to get working too.
[/FONT]

Hmmm. I haven't seen any problems with my coal mines in testing in the years they have been around. They always seem to work as they should. Same with the Drive To command as well. I am beginning to wonder if there is some other issue at work on your system?

Bob

Hmmm. I haven't seen any problems with my coal mines in testing in the years they have been around. They always seem to work as they should. Same with the Drive To command as well. I am beginning to wonder if there is some other issue at work on your system?

Bob

Well I can't say what worked last year or the year before, I am talking about right now. I had always used the Auron coal mine in the past. As far as issues with my system? If your speaking of my computer I seriously doubt it, but if your speaking of system as in Tranz Plus, build 105100, then I would wholly agree with you. I am having problems with Plus with lots of crashes for some unknown reason. That is how I came across your coal mine looking to do something different with a new route I just started using Trainz Plus. However, Plus is a pain to use to build a AI controlled route. When working with the AI it takes a lot of repeated testing. Anyways, that's a different subject.

If you decide to re-test your coal mines please let me know the results. I am more curious now what the problem might be. Btw, I use Drive To command in AI controlled sessions all the time with no problem.

Back