Trainz 2019 Platinum vs Trainz Plus

fruhj

Hi,

If someone owns Trainz 2019 platinum (105100) , and then subscribes to Trainz Plus and gets a higher build number of Trainz (Say 106618) ,

What happens if they let the subscription lapse?

I know we lose access to the extra routes and such but does the base product stay at 106618 or does it roll back to 105100?

- Jack

PS on a related note, for a fairly casual gamer (ie not content creator) is there any benefit to the maintenance releases in Trainzplus?

Hi,

If someone owns Trainz 2019 platinum (105100) , and then subscribes to Trainz Plus and gets a higher build number of Trainz (Say 106618) ,

What happens if they let the subscription lapse?

I know we lose access to the extra routes and such but does the base product stay at 106618 or does it roll back to 105100?

- Jack

PS on a related note, for a fairly casual gamer (ie not content creator) is there any benefit to the maintenance releases in Trainzplus?

Hi Jack,

If you were to let your subscription lapse...

* Any DLC you downloaded while subscribed will become inactive.
* Any local content you created will remain yours.
* Anything you purchased outright instead is active.
* Anything you downloaded from the DLS is active.
* Any additional features found in the Plus version, will revert to the standard set.

Should you decide to resubscribe again, all becomes active as if you never left off. This is good if you tend to the honey-do list all summer and only Trainz in the winter, for example.

The beta testing is over and above the Hot Fix and Service Packs. The beta testing gives you a chance to try test these firsthand and to try out new features prior to them being implemented in the standard version in addition to publicly testing prerelease of the service packs and hot fixes. If you stick with Platinum and below, you get the service pack updates when they are released usually in the 1 to 2 year time-frame, or longer. You don't have to beta test, but it's interesting to be part of the development cycle. Keep in mind that these are future features and some or all may not be available in the final release.

Plus also gives you preview access to new routes and content, which afterwards become yours as part of your subscription.

I think this covers it, others may have more to say.

Higher build numbers may or may not mean much. The game Feature difference between SP1 and Plus, Silver, and Gold is largely the Unified Driver. Other releases would be minor. Go back in the TRS-19 and Trainz Plus Beta forum and read the previous posts on features of each beta release and you can see the changes. The "normal" plus update is once every three months. If you subscribe to the beta stream you can test a lot of beta's. A beta every few weeks. But there is a danger in beta's. I use separate installs. So, a higher build number doesn't necessarily mean any new major features. Again, read the Plus beta forum to get an idea for yourself.

Back