Changing the time?

BrianPacos

Creator, BMP Trainz
Now I am just getting used to TS2019 but in TANE you used to be able to type in a new time during the session. Is there a place in-session to type a new time to change it somewhere hidden in TS2019? The clock with the hands you have to move to change the time currently might be the single dumbest change I have ever seen a game developer make...

Now I am just getting used to TS2019 but in TANE you used to be able to type in a new time during the session. Is there a place in-session to type a new time to change it somewhere hidden in TS2019? The clock with the hands you have to move to change the time currently might be the single dumbest change I have ever seen a game developer make...

The old Quick Start Rule, the one with startup options, still works. You can change the time there just as you do in previous versions.

I agree the clock is awful.

There is also a driver command to change the time and weather. Just a few choices on the time. Can't recall the name.

Hi John,

Is there a "non-clock" way to change the time in driver. I have the Quick Drive Rule in the session rules, but once I am driving there is nothing but the clock. ARRgh. I am running TRS19 SP1 (105096).

Hi John,

Is there a "non-clock" way to change the time in driver. I have the Quick Drive Rule in the session rules, but once I am driving there is nothing but the clock. ARRgh. I am running TRS19 SP1 (105096).

I don't know, maybe the rule mentioned above by Pitkin will work. It's a driver command meaning you can sneak it in and set the time on the fly.

The driver command is :

<kuid2:185479:60001:2> EW-Time and weather change

Also consider adding the following rule,I think you can change the time in it also.

<kuid:29305:100219> QuickDrive rule - Performace Tweak

Last edited:
The driver command is :

<kuid2:185479:60001:2> EW-Time and weather change

Also consider adding the following rule,I think you can change the time in it also.

<kuid:29305:100219> QuickDrive rule - Performace Tweak

I will have to try that, how exactly does it work when you put it into the config file?

Come to think of it, which config file do you drop it into? Individual sessions/routes? Or is there something else in the game (quick drive asset if that's a thing) that you drop it into?

BrianPacos,

The "clock with the hands", if you are referring to the time dial in the Environment Tools, is not to set the game time. It sets the times at which the various lighting conditions change. See http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools for details.

The game clock time is set by the Startup Options Rule (see http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Session_Rule_List_with_Parameters#Startup_Options_Rule) or the Time and Rate Rule (see http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Session_Rule_List_with_Parameters#Time_and_Rate_Rule). Neither of these involve entering anything into the session config.txt file. Information on adding rules to a session can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Session_Editor.

I think he was referring to the "Session Options" window in Driver where you can set active session Time, Date, Weather, etc. You mouse click a clock dial to change time. Handy in that you don't have to move from mouse to keyboard but, yes, very clunky for trying to set specific time.

Thanks Pitkin,

The QuickDrive Rule - Performance Tweak that you suggested seems to be just what I need. Thanks for the help.

Bob Morrison

I think he was referring to the "Session Options" window in Driver where you can set active session Time, Date, Weather, etc. You mouse click a clock dial to change time. Handy in that you don't have to move from mouse to keyboard but, yes, very clunky for trying to set specific time.

You are right. I never noticed that before - obviously spending too much of my time in Surveyor and too little in Driver. And they are right - it is a clunky and inexact method. I would have preferred a set of drop down boxes to set the hour and the minute if users could not be trusted to use a keyboard.

You learn something new every day in Trainz - no matter how long you have been using it.

But why is it in the Window Menu?

Back