Lifetime Member

nzld

Hi All,

Can anyone fill me in on some information?

I have a lifetime first class membership, doesn't end till 2035 and now in the latest news letter it looks like N3V want me to pay $10/ month (silver access) to be able to access the content on the DLS.

Is this correct ?

nzld

And yet, still have to pay to get access to DLS content when that was part of the deal when I paid for lifetime membership.

And unless I go gold class, I don't even get any updates.

nzld

And yet, still have to pay to get access to DLS content when that was part of the deal when I paid for lifetime membership.

And unless I go gold class, I don't even get any updates.

Again no! I do not see where it says you have to pay to get DLS content as the DLS is FREE for all registered users, with or without an FCT.

You have to pay to get DLC access (as we all do) but Silver membership gives you a 10% discount on all DLC purchased. Gold gives you a 25% discount. And on top of that you will get a discount for having a lifetime FCT - both Gold and Silver.

Gold is for people who do not already have TRS19 (any version) and they will get the Gold version that comes with automatic updates.

Silver is for those who already have one of the "non-update" versions of TRS19.

But if you already have TRS19 SP1 or TRS19 Platinum, you can still get a Trainz Plus Gold subscription which receives automatic updates - there are plenty of users here who have done that.

Gold is for people who do not already have TRS19 (any version) and they will get the Gold version that comes with automatic updates.

Silver is for those who already have one of the "non-update" versions of TRS19.

First time I have seen that clear interpretation of the weird N3v pricing structure. It validates by decision for Silver but in a way I never considered.

Maybe N3V should adopt it!

So let me get this straight, I have TS19 SP1 build 105096

I did not buy the " Platinum " version because I all ready had TS19, why would i need another copy.

Silver class membership gives a first class ticket and " DLC " content, which i have discovered is the store content not DLS ( my bad ) this with my discount is $24 US /yr

And that's all you get from silver

Plus, gives you : FCT, latest releases, Plus updates, new content $7.99 US/month

Gold, the only thing extra over Plus is: Pre-release access and DLC access $11.22 US/month with my discount

But because I'm not at least a plus member I no longer receive program updates ? I already have an FCT and I don't get anything from the store, I go direct to JR; so why do I need Silver.

So you now only get updates if you pay to access updates.

nzld

Program updates go to Gold members and Plus members who have been given a version of the TRS 19 and Trainz Plus that is designed to receive the updates.

If you already have TRS 19 (SP1 or Platinum) and are a frequent downloader of DLC then the Silver membership is good value, but it is very much a personal preference thing. I have TRS 19, updated to SP1, and decided to buy Platinum as well because it has the UDS interface, like Trainz Plus. I do like that interface and have made good use of it so it was a good purchase in my opinion. I do not have much DLC and am not really interested in more DLC so Silver membership did not interest me - again a personal preference.

I also have a lifetime FCT.

There was no real point in me getting Gold because I already have TRS 19 and, as stated above, am not really into DLC.

Trainz Plus I do find interesting, for the new feature updates and not for the DLC. I have decided not to go with this option for the moment but I could change my mind on this later - like I did with Platinum

It all comes down to what you are using and want to use (DLC - lots, little or none), what you already have (TANE or TRS 19 SP1) and if you are interested in trying out new features or not.

Its your choice. At least with Silver you can later decide not to continue the subscription and you will still have your working copy of TRS 19 (SP1 or Platinum).

Last edited:
Study this chart: (under the green faq's) http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

In a nutshell, Silver gets you access to all DLC while Gold gets you all DLC plus Preview Pass and Quarterly game updates from beta testing. With Gold you can turn on beta stream and test/run beta versions. So for Plus and Gold, so far this year there has been 1 quarterly Plus update but 4 beta updates. Last year there was over 20 beta updates. It just depends if you enjoy beta testing and/or running beta versions. I have an SP+" install, a gold "+" install (quarterly updates and somewhat stable) and "beta" install (use with caution).

Thanks for all the help team, from what I've read on other threads it seams if you go for one of the high memberships and decide later not to re-new certain aspects will be turned off like content you have downloaded from DLC and certain in game features, ie. drops you down to standard function TS19; until you renew your membership.

I think I will stay with what i've got and hope that when and if a new version comes out that everything they are doing now will be incorporated into it.
May be I'm old, but i preferred it the way it used to be, in TS12 you get ............. ; Tane you get .......... ; TS19 you get .............. And TS2021 you get .................. ; and you would still get service patches until a period of time after the new release.

This is supposed to be a game not netflix , if I'd know'en they were going to move to a subscription style of game play, I wouldn't have backed it in kickstarter .

To top it all off, with the testing off Multiplayer map creation I can only see the next version heading towards the play style of World of Tanks and the like; with the multiplayer created maps being held on a separate N3V server.

Just my thoughts, might be this CV-19 lock down getting to me.

Cheers All

NZLD

Thanks for all the help team, from what I've read on other threads it seams if you go for one of the high memberships and decide later not to re-new certain aspects will be turned off like content you have downloaded from DLC and certain in game features, ie. drops you down to standard function TS19; until you renew your membership.

Only true for the Silver membership where you already have purchased TRS19 outright. For Gold and Trainz Plus the program is part of your monthly subscription so you lose access to the program as well until you renew your subscription.

When the subscription options were first announced there was a misunderstanding with some users that subscription was going to be the only option. Not so. N3V have stated that if you want to own the program outright with no subs payments then you can still do so. They have kept that commitment but like all things, particularly in the world as it is now, nothing can be 100% certain.

I think the point that has been over looked, and a little bit of Trainz history, is that First Class Tickets and Life Membership is all to do with faster downloading of content from the DLS whereas the subscription options are associated with additional content and features, special offers, discounts and so forth. Unfortunately in my view the Life Membership has long gone and the cost of the First Class Ticket is well ahead of inflation however to make the subscription options more attractive and all embracing the First Class Ticket has been included in these options but with a discount (if that is still the case) for those holding Life Membership. As was said when the subscription options were introduced, you pays your money, or not, and make your choice, its little different than purchasing one of the three variants of TRS19 or sticking with T:ANE, each of which have their pros and cons subject to your interests and likely financial position.

Regarding Life Membership, probably my smartest Trainz purchase as my original Trainz was a gift, my membership runs out in 2037 when hopefully I'll be 90-91 years depending at what point it expires, but would suggest either the Trainz Team know something I don't or they have faith that by then I will have this current route which has been ongoing for 6 years completed. Peter

Last edited:
Back