Tidewater Not In Silver? [solved]

boleyd

I received a notice that Tidewater (TRS19) was part of the Silver membership. So, as a Silver person I looked at the available downloads in the Content Store and it is not there. Is the Content Store the place to look? Re-reading the Trainz store stuff there is mention of going to Claim Free DLC. Not there either.

vaulticon.png

sc473_grande.jpg

Home / JR

Trainz Route: Tidewater Point Railroad 2.0

$39.99 USD

Or try our membership options:

This DLC is included in the Trainz Silver and Gold Membership Options.

========================

Just popped up in the Content Dtore
I can now buy the free item for $39.99

Last edited:
First go to your membership on website and Make Active on My Content. That's what I had to do. Then in Store look under "purchased." I'm still trying to figure out why some items just appear in Store and with others you have to Activate first.

Last edited:
btw... please let me know if you can successfully run Shunting Work session. I think it has a problem and I reported during beta testing but it is not changed. Perhaps I'm missing something. So please let me know. (assuming you run the session.)

Still looking at the convoluted N3V system but I can see no place to Activate My Account. Since I have never uploaded perhaps that is tied to the the Activate. Still looking but the myriad of functions tacked together along with their variants takes time. What I see under my account may not be the same as someone else due to purchases, status, etc...

Login to your web account. On left side see My Memberships (2nd item down) - On "my memberships" page you should have four orange buttons. Click the "Manage Content Vault" - See what you have showing there.

Edit: The "login to your web account" I'm referring to is "trainzportal.com" and "Login to myTrainz" top right corner. Then "My Memberships" and then "Manage Content Vault."

Last edited:
Ahaaa - It worked. I never knew of that path, one of many.

I can't understand why that unlock step is needed to be a master unlock.
The Content manager within the actual program should always be the only path.
Maybe there are more thieves than I thought trying to steal N3V assets.
I could write a nasty message but maybe WEIRD covers it.

Thank you for your guidance. After many years I simply cannot
intuitively follow the N3V logic thus wasting my dwindling time and adding anger
to what should be a pleasant experience.

Again THANKS!!

That is where material was shown when Gold/Silver members where entitled to select 5 items a month. You selected your five on the Content Vault to and it showed up in the in game download panel. This was BEFORE the "Content Store" existed. I would guess that it's on N3V's list to "fix." Some items (beta and preview) show up in the Store automatically.

You can thank me by running the Shunting session and letting me know what you find. Again, I think it has a major flaw. You should find it after coupling the first set of tankers and heading towards the 2nd consist to pickup. I'll let you see it for yourself. I have a post about it in the 19 Beta Forum under the "Where to post Tidewater" thread. Maybe I'm missing something but don't think so. A rather obvious track flaw.

I can't understand why that unlock step is needed to be a master unlock.

We had many complaints about having "too much DLC" to download, so we're currently asking users to manually select which items they want.
Now that the Content Store is more widely available we will be switching to "auto-access to all DLC" and you can then choose what to download or uninstall in Content Store.
(Changeover coming soon).

I think you should pause and not dig deeper. The worst thing marketing can do is loose a customer. Your objective is to gain customers. The product structure, pricing and event (specials) management confuses me. You have elements all over your online system. DO NOT have customers go outside the marketing structure to either make or validate purchases or selections of granted freebies. Keep to the old tree structure. Stop dispersing steps and explanations all over the place.

I admit I ain't very bright but even I should be able to navigate a marketing system. Your's just confuses me.

Communication is the key and N3V could improve in that area. Key things get changed and there is little communication/explanation. I sometimes think that N3V is "too close" to things to see just how better communication could help them and help their relationship with their customers. Better relationships equals better cashflow. :)

I'd much prefer less "marketing" talk and much more "straight" talk. But that's just me. I don't like "Marketing" in general. But I truly appreciate simple, straight forward, understandable talk!

Back