The latest Trainz Plus patch 106618 dies every time editing BCSJ-507 route

I just confirmed it's the EIT's that are the culprit.

Something changed perhaps in the new version that needs to be addressed, or perhaps there's too much of something causing the crash?

The interesting part is there is no sign in the log where the crash occurred. No errors or anything. The program just poofs off to bit heaven.

Using a test copy of my complete Trainz install, I deleted the EIT assets in Content Manager.
Opened up the route in Surveyor without issue.

I just confirmed it's the EIT's that are the culprit.

Something changed perhaps in the new version that needs to be addressed, or perhaps there's too much of something causing the crash?

The interesting part is there is no sign in the log where the crash occurred. No errors or anything. The program just poofs off to bit heaven.

Using a test copy of my complete Trainz install, I deleted the EIT assets in Content Manager.
Opened up the route in Surveyor without issue.

Good find and now confirmed.
Hadn't got round to disabling EIT stuff, tried eliminating various types of asset and no difference other than is crashed quicker. Likewise nothing in the log. I even did a fresh install of it on another install and watched the log while all the assets were being installed, nothing that would have caused a problem, just some peculiar warnings on some box cars about jet? wasn't them though.

Good find and now confirmed.
Hadn't got round to disabling EIT stuff, tried eliminating various types of asset and no difference other than is crashed quicker. Likewise nothing in the log. I even did a fresh install of it on another install and watched the log while all the assets were being installed, nothing that would have caused a problem, just some peculiar warnings on some box cars about jet? wasn't them though.

Thanks. I went for the throat, so-to-speak, because that was the last thing done.

Fixed! All I did was delete <kuid2:61392:8101:52> and <kuid2:61392:8190:70> from my install. My guess is that these assets are incompatible with 106618?

Fixed! All I did was delete <kuid2:61392:8101:52> and <kuid2:61392:8190:70> from my install. My guess is that these assets are incompatible with 106618?

I don't think they are incompatible, but more likely the case of something else. The route is extremely complex and perhaps the EIT's can't handle that many paths or something.

I think that there are (or were) only two Enhance Interlocking Towers. One at Hampton and another at Bear Creek. The Hampton tower is extremely simple.

The Bear Creek tower was a nightmare and I could not get it to route opposing AI trains past each other at Bear Creek yard (geez, with mainline, two AD tracks, an a plethora of class tracks, thoroughfare track, ice track, etc....). Instead they always seemed to end up in a head light stare down somewhere in the yard.

Actually, I may have removed the Bear Creek tower as part of the prep for release.

So it would seem likely then, that perhaps there is an incompatibility.

On another forum thread where I was asking for help with EITs I was told they should always be in the session layer.

Well, I'm pretty sure the Hampton EIT is in the route layer. Perhapse 105100 was ale to deal with that, but 106618 is not?

I'll wait and see what Zec says when he returns to work on Monday.

HF

Good thinking. Release a new rev without adequate testing then two days later take a four day weekend...
Impressive, Obi Wan has taught them well.
HF

N3V support disavows all knowledge of the actions of the Enhance Interlocking Towers and EIT path triggers (we ain't a gonna help with 3rd party asset issues even when they used to work with the previous version but problems happen after an upgrade)

HF

SOLUTION:

Update the EnhancedInterlockingTowers library (TANE SP4 and later) asset <kuid2:61392:8190:71> to version 71 which pguy has just released.

With this asset version I am able to open and edit route both BCSJ-507 and BCSJ-508 in build 106618.

Horace Fithers

Back