CDP file type issue

cnjman765

Yesterday, after downloading a CDP, I accidentally mis-clicked so that it now opens with winrar. This doesn't allow it to go into the trainz DLS. Normally I would assume the answer is, "go into open with, and click on trainz". But Trainz is not an option given to me, even upon going under "more apps on this PC". How to I change it back so that they download for trainz? Every one I try and download will not work.

Should download using Manage Content unless it's from a third party site.

You have messed up your file associations, Try Open with and browse to TRS19.exe and select always open with.

As I mentioned, under "open with" there is no option for trainz or anything similar in name, even under more apps.

Yesterday, after downloading a CDP, I accidentally mis-clicked so that it now opens with winrar. This doesn't allow it to go into the trainz DLS. Normally I would assume the answer is, "go into open with, and click on trainz". But Trainz is not an option given to me, even upon going under "more apps on this PC". How to I change it back so that they download for trainz? Every one I try and download will not work.
No, my advice is to open the Launch Window of the version of trains you want to install it into, from top menu bar select: File-> Import Content Files. Then browse to the location of the .cdp file you want to install and select it. You'll bypass any problems with Windows finding the correct app to open the files with. (Does it seem like I tend to use more dangling participles as I age?)

Bob Pearson

You can use the File - > Import process as Bob says, or you can drag and drop CDPs directly into a Content Manager window.

To fix your file association issue:

Right-click on the CDP.

Choose Open with... from the contextual menu.

If TRS19 shows, click on that and check the box, if it's not already checked, for always using this application.

If it doesn't show in the list, you need to browse to your program folder, usually located C:\Program Files\N3V Games. Open the folder for the program its self, and then click on TRS19.exe.

Back