Quickest way to drive any loco on any route?

Nethog61

In TRS19 Platinum, what is the quickest way to drive a loco I select in "My Collection" on any route?

There used to be a Quickdrive command in TANE which I no longer see anywhere in TRS19 Platinum. The easiest way I found so far is to make it a Favorite, and then create a new session for the desired route, and then when in Surveyor turn on "Show Search Filter", select the saved filter "Favorite Content", open the Trains tab, which now shows the loco I want to drive. I can then add it to the session, enter then switch to driver mode to drive the loco. This is still a heck of a lot of clicks for something that used to be so simple with Quickdrive in TANE.
Edit: By the way, when in My Collection, if you click the train icon at the top right of the screen, a pop-up appears stating "selected train for quickdrive sessions ATSF GP60M". So Quickdrive still appears to be implemented in TRS19, but how do I use it?

Last edited:
Open the route you want to drive in Surveyor.
Place whatever you want to drive wherever you want.
Go to the wrench and screw driver on the menu bar across the top.
Choose Driver.

You be in Driver and after unpausing you'll be able to drive.

You can then switch back to Surveyor again and add more consists and then go back and drive.

Back