Track on a Trestle

davoss

I have the need to create a turnout on a trestle. I have used several trestles from the DLS that have "track" installed but I cannot create a turnout when I try to attach an adjoining trestle/track. I have used trestles without track, then placed a track on top. This allows me to create turnouts on the trestle. Of course I have to match the spline points of the track with the trestle so both line up correctly. This seams like a lot of extra work.

Question: Is there a trestle with a track attached that allows me to create a turnout with less work? Or, is there a way to attach a track to a trestle that will do the same? I am using PEVSoft Attachment Maker.

Didrik
Everett & Monte Cristo Ry

My suggestion would be to use a small section of normal track for the switch and either side of it.
Not prototypical, but works. Then place a butress under the switch.
Cheers,
Mike

The problem you are having is the trestle is a bridge, or in the config.txt is a kind bridge.

I got around this by cloning the bridge I wanted to use and then removing the attached track. This means removing the reference to the track not only where it specifies the track kuid, but also in the kuid-table.

Once the track was removed, I had the trestle without rails on it. From that point on it was only a matter of placing the empty trestle then carefully placing my other track with the switches on it as I wanted. For my particular trestle, I used these briges:

<kuid2:46819:38130:1> JJS_Deck_Girder_4_Meter_Dbl
<kuid2:46819:38133:1> JJS_Pratt_Truss_Deck_4_Meter

These empty deck girder and Pratt truss-type deck girder bridges are also useful for abandoned lines which are so common where I live especially among the mills.

The problem you are having is the trestle is a bridge, or in the config.txt is a kind bridge.

I got around this by cloning the bridge I wanted to use and then removing the attached track. This means removing the reference to the track not only where it specifies the track kuid, but also in the kuid-table.

Once the track was removed, I had the trestle without rails on it. From that point on it was only a matter of placing the empty trestle then carefully placing my other track with the switches on it as I wanted. For my particular trestle, I used these briges:

<kuid2:46819:38130:1> JJS_Deck_Girder_4_Meter_Dbl
<kuid2:46819:38133:1> JJS_Pratt_Truss_Deck_4_Meter

These empty deck girder and Pratt truss-type deck girder bridges are also useful for abandoned lines which are so common where I live especially among the mills.

This is what I am doing now. I have a trestle with no track <kuid:204652:100597> and am floating a bridge track on top. I was hoping there was an easier method. Apparently not.
Thanks for your help.
Didrik

Back