TRS 2019, PBR Ground with Puddles

louvain

Seasider
Having lots of time on my hands I have begun playing about with PBR textures for TRS2019. This morning, I created a ground surface with puddles. This picture was taken in TRS 2019 a few minutes ago. I am pleased with it and wonder if some more tweaking can produce a variety of textures? The vegetation is an existing texture, it's the rocks with puddles that I have done!

Rock-with-puddles.jpg

I've always though Trainz routes looked too "pristine." It seems that there is standing dirty water around tracks and yards a lot of the time. So I say "welcomed assets!" - Hope you finish them up and get them on DLS.

I would use it right away. Wherever there is steam, there is water. JohnnyC1 has made some great mud textures that I've been using around yards, between tracks and so on. Can't have too many mud/water textures.
smyers

Ed. Excellent examples below. It would see lots of use over here.

Last edited:
This is a second texture from a normal(?) viewing angle...

Puddles.jpg

And this is the lowest angle I could do.

Puddles-Low-Angle.jpg

Still lots to play with........

Very, very nice work. The textures are ideal for blending with others to create swampy, boggy, well trodded, semi flooded areas etc.

I agree that the latest addition looks odd, a function of scale and radius in Surveyor and alterations being required to the height map.

When corrected in the originating software, it looks like this......

Wet-floor.jpg

Just have to make it look like that in TRS2019 now!

Last edited:
And this one has much better height definition. The rocks, sand, water and moss are all part of the same texture.

Better-height-definition.jpg

:)

Indeed the last one is the best in my opinion. Using it as a base and scaling for various conditions would be real interesting.
It is refreshing to see an artist at work. Too much stuff ends up with the paint brush tool and a simple monochromatic cartoon look.

Agreed, though the last shot is very reminiscent of the foreshore in a seascape.

Paul

Yes. This reminds me of the areas where the salt marshes are along my shore. When the tide goes out, people put on their hip boots and go clamming (with a permit) for cohogs and and other small clams in places like this.

Back