Forum sign in

nimec

Anyone know why that each time I go onto the forum I have to sign in with name and PW each time no matter how many times a day I may do it? Yes, I tick the remmeberme but it makes no difference. Its been happening for some time now and Im gettng quite sick of it. What am I missing or doing wrong? Cheers

Are you in the habit of deleting all cookies in your browser upon exit, perhaps? That might explain the 'loss of memory'. :)

This is probably a browser issue. I've had the same problem for over a year, yet the other "parts" of Trainz remember my name, just never the forums. I only clear cookies about once per fortnight, so that has nothing to do with it. Tedious I know.

This is probably a browser issue. I've had the same problem for over a year, yet the other "parts" of Trainz remember my name, just never the forums. I only clear cookies about once per fortnight, so that has nothing to do with it. Tedious I know.
On my computers, both pc and Mac, using firefox, no problem with remembering the pw etc, on iPad and iPhone using safari, it never will take , and as others have reported, I have issues with the new posts link being overlaid by the trainzstore text link on the far left of the link bar even on my Pc.On my Mac, that doesn't happen...... go figure .

I run '19 on Windows but Mac is my work/main computer. Never have to "login" to the forums in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Had issues with "synced" browsers using Chrome. In Chrome I have turned off Chrome syncing (syncing Chrome account on computers, tablets, phones) as it just didn't work for me. In fact, Chrome syncing messed things up with passwords badly. Some apps also didn't work with Keychain (Mac password manager) so it's turned off for those offending apps.

In short, on your PC, make sure all these types of options/services (if any) are off and try it.

I had a few "resets" on my logins and passwords recently in a lot of places including this one. I'm doing nothing different. It could be a server or browser thing, or something in between. (Gremlins will do this, I know. I saw them once!)

If this is occurring with every login and in between posts, ensure that you have checked remember password. If it is checked, uncheck it, log out if you're logged in, painfully clear cookies again, and log in again with the option checked. Hopefully this should reset this.

Thanks Guys. None of those things worked. Its not the cookies and I've tried all sorts of 'tricks' without success so it must be one of yr gremlins John got itself over here.

Gidday Bill,
It has to be a browser settings thing, since most of us are not sharing your experience.
What browser are you using?
Suggest trawling through the browser Settings dialogs (look for the 'hamburger' or ellipsis ...) to see if you can find the culprit.
Best wishes,
PC

This has always happened when using my tablet to access the forums, but it has now started to happen on my PC. My name appears in the login slot, then when I click to enter the password that too appears automatically - at least, it must do so although it is concealed as I then log on.
Ray

Thanks guys but allowing cookies has made no difference.
Hi Peter, I thought you had gone as I phoned and emailed you a few weeks back about something and got no responses. Im using Edge browser but I don't see the hamburger etc, in the settings
Im obviously looking in the wrong place What heading is it under? Cheers?

Back