Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amtrak Horizon Project (hi res images)

Blog Entries

If I have to redo these one more time, I swear... Honestly, the last version was passable, it looked good, however, I want to take this the extra mile. I'm constantly learning and challenging myself and I enjoy it. Ive learned alot about the comet car's roots as well as various parts about the coach. That's what led to this major overhaul the coach is going through.... again..... lol. Some friends would joke, "Ope he missed a bolt, better restart it" and to a point they are right. This project is my baby, it's a start to better things. Im spending time trying to learn new things with this project so i can make future projects as good as this one. I found the bogie frames have some odd geometry and it led to the spring set up looking funky. Still passable, but again, i felt it would be a good challenge to rework them. Heres the progress and I feel like I have something to be proud of.

MY OPINIONS DO NOT REFLECT THOSE OF THE ERECTING HALL
    BNSF1238 on YouTube

You should feel proud bro... seriously. We can see the pride you take in your work and cant wait to "babysit" lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bentrain14 View Post
    If I have to redo these one more time, I swear... Honestly, the last version was passable, it looked good, however, I want to take this the extra mile. I'm constantly learning and challenging myself and I enjoy it. Ive learned alot about the comet car's roots as well as various parts about the coach. That's what led to this major overhaul the coach is going through.... again..... lol. Some friends would joke, "Ope he missed a bolt, better restart it" and to a point they are right. This project is my baby, it's a start to better things. Im spending time trying to learn new things with this project so i can make future projects as good as this one. I found the bogie frames have some odd geometry and it led to the spring set up looking funky. Still passable, but again, i felt it would be a good challenge to rework them. Heres the progress and I feel like I have something to be proud of.
    Lmao I did the same things with my Amfleets. But that’s some awesome work right there!

Blog Entries

I was busy finishing bogies today. Still need to add the speed wire, but other than that, the bogies are done being modeled and mapped.

BNSF1238 on YouTube

Looks really great! Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries

Thanks all for the kind words. Finishing up some interior work. Here are the chairs. Im not sure as to whether Ill do an actual detailed interior view, right now I'm keeping it fairly simple as for most the time being spent with these coaches will be with the exterior. I have a few more small bits and pieces to model and map on the exterior and soon we'll see about getting stuff put into substance painter for some textures.

BNSF1238 on YouTube

Blog Entries

BNSF1238 on YouTube

Nice work Ben well done mate.
    Cheers Mick.

Blog Entries

Work has been minimal. My main goal has been to rework my old coupler mesh to look a little better.

New vs old:

BNSF1238 on YouTube

Blog Entries

BNSF1238 on YouTube

Nice work! Do you plan on releasing these to the wild?

Blog Entries

Yes that is the plan. I have two more parts to model, finish the mapping, then I'm going to bring it into substance painter to texture it up. I also have to make the cafe varients of the coach.

BNSF1238 on YouTube

Blog Entries

BNSF1238 on YouTube

LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE NICE WORK.

Blog Entries

Made some huge progress today. Finished the last item needing to be modeled, then I finished up mapping. Next phase is to start work on some of the other horizons like the dinette and something special.

BNSF1238 on YouTube