Amtrak Horizon Project (hi res images)

I went back and remade the bearing caps to be slightly more prototypical and to add the 3 things that cover the bolts. It's something I've wanted to model on these wheel sets but didn't really know how too but I finally figured it out.
[FONT=&quot]
Mho3OBL.jpg
[/FONT]

Those close ups of the air, HEP and MU cables just got me thinking. I wonder if you could script them all to self connect/disconnect. Maybe using ACSlib? For examples of how they work take a look at the scripts and configs of Peterdhicks's Mk2f coaches.

I probably could, and it has been something I've been considering doing. We'll see how everything goes with getting the coach completed.

Im facing the same delima... the problem is keeping the cables properly aligned with the connecting coach. Thats simple for cables that are dead center under the coupler but for the mu and com cable at the edges idk how they could be made to keep aligned with the connecting coach while on a curve.

If I have to redo these one more time, I swear... Honestly, the last version was passable, it looked good, however, I want to take this the extra mile. I'm constantly learning and challenging myself and I enjoy it. Ive learned alot about the comet car's roots as well as various parts about the coach. That's what led to this major overhaul the coach is going through.... again..... lol. Some friends would joke, "Ope he missed a bolt, better restart it" and to a point they are right. This project is my baby, it's a start to better things. Im spending time trying to learn new things with this project so i can make future projects as good as this one. I found the bogie frames have some odd geometry and it led to the spring set up looking funky. Still passable, but again, i felt it would be a good challenge to rework them. Heres the progress and I feel like I have something to be proud of.
[FONT=&quot]
IIihGmn.jpg
[/FONT]

If I have to redo these one more time, I swear... Honestly, the last version was passable, it looked good, however, I want to take this the extra mile. I'm constantly learning and challenging myself and I enjoy it. Ive learned alot about the comet car's roots as well as various parts about the coach. That's what led to this major overhaul the coach is going through.... again..... lol. Some friends would joke, "Ope he missed a bolt, better restart it" and to a point they are right. This project is my baby, it's a start to better things. Im spending time trying to learn new things with this project so i can make future projects as good as this one. I found the bogie frames have some odd geometry and it led to the spring set up looking funky. Still passable, but again, i felt it would be a good challenge to rework them. Heres the progress and I feel like I have something to be proud of.
IIihGmn.jpg

Lmao I did the same things with my Amfleets. But that’s some awesome work right there!

I was busy finishing bogies today. Still need to add the speed wire, but other than that, the bogies are done being modeled and mapped.

[FONT=&quot]
Uxn4cdy.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
AQqdDTS.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
AyK8st1.jpg
[/FONT]

Thanks all for the kind words. Finishing up some interior work. Here are the chairs. Im not sure as to whether Ill do an actual detailed interior view, right now I'm keeping it fairly simple as for most the time being spent with these coaches will be with the exterior. I have a few more small bits and pieces to model and map on the exterior and soon we'll see about getting stuff put into substance painter for some textures.
[FONT=&quot]
bjCqr7I.jpg
[/FONT]

Work has been minimal. My main goal has been to rework my old coupler mesh to look a little better.
[FONT=&quot]
GCclISo.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
P1RLqPN.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
NpIXQ42.jpg

New vs old:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
PDDiOxX.jpg