Amtrak Horizon Project (hi res images)

bentrain14

does not make bogies
Been getting back into modeling again and I decided to revitalize my Horizon project. Currently working on updating meshes as well as making the dinette and the club dinette.
[FONT=&quot]
hXGR5qA.jpg

[/FONT]
6rFIsZU.jpg

DxXQTDT.jpg

U7JkNoM.jpg

kNBPcCC.jpg

Hey Bentrain! I work out of Amtrak's Chicago Yards and I am around these Horizon Coaches almost daily!

If you need any photos of any particular parts on the Horizons to help with your project please feel free to message me! :)

Generic GSI G70 bogies anyone? Perfect for surfliners, horizons, viewliners, and apmhleet cab cars. [FONT=&quot]
cj2L5fl.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
tpPalIY.jpg
[/FONT]

Those GSI-70s you have there look mighty fine! I can’t get mine to look right on my projects. Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks! I hope these are being well represented. High quality passenger equipment is hard to come by for trainz. Decent photos of the GSI-70s are difficult to come by, however if you do some searching you can find a few that will help guide. Feel free to use my renders for reference.

Nice work, Ben :).

// Erik from Sweden

Thanks Erik! Means a lot coming from you. Due to my hiatus I havn't been keeping up with your projects. Hope to see some in the future! (Maybe this coach will be a future project of yours to dirty up ;) )

[FONT=&quot]
IhQX7NC.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
pKYNnX0.jpg
[/FONT]

Very few things to go now. Mainly interior work and then off to work on the dinette series. Heres what you can expect.

Phase III wide and Narrow
Phase IV
Phase VI
Amtrak California

[FONT=&quot]
cbYHqVX.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
SLyqvJq.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
F40AzZz.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
9UyYOdz.jpg
[/FONT]

This is looking awesome! I can't wait for this to come out. I had your old Horizons a while back, but I stopped using Trainz.

Now that I'm back, I need these coaches more than ever. Great work!

Thanks man! Hope to continue work on them. Right now I'm working on mapping the coach so you won't see many progress photos until thats done.

Mapping is coming along niceley, Spent some time reworking my grab irons and a few other parts.
[FONT=&quot]
StvZqyB.jpg
[/FONT]

Well done on the Horizon cars thus far. As someone who prefers them to Amfleets in terms of riding and quality, I wish you a lot of success in making such beautiful coaches.

Back