We've got a problem with HP_US_Car_15_Scenery, <kuid2:68787:100346:1>

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
We've got a problem with HP_US_Car_15_Scenery, <kuid2:68787:100346:1>. The problem is that the tire texture has been replaced with the license plate texture, as evidenced in this picture. The same thing happens to the two left side tires also. This is a built-in asset also, so it's up to the Content Repair Group to fix it.

Texture-problem-with-HP_US_Car_15_scenery%2C-%3Ckuid2%3A68787%3A100346%3A1%3E.-The-tire-texture-is-replaced-with-the-texture-for-the-license-plate..jpg

Had a look, error is in a mesh library, it's not fixable without the original mesh, sorry, have to live with it.

By the way, the CRG only fixes faulty DLS assets, not builtins unless the same version is on the DLS, it has to be on the DLS it can be added to the DLS repair list which this is but it's not repairable.

Surprised no one noticed this before.

Last edited:
Had a look, error is in a mesh library, it's not fixable without the original mesh, sorry, have to live with it.

By the way, the CRG only fixes faulty DLS assets, not builtins unless the same version is on the DLS, it has to be on the DLS it can be added to the DLS repair list which this is but it's not repairable.

Surprised no one noticed this before.

I looked and it's on the DLS. Same KUID and everything. So the CRG can fix it.

The problem is that the wheels and the number plates are both mapped to the same texture. If you don't mind the number plates being miniature wheels then in the mesh file you can change 71REK.texture.txt to read 71tyre.jpg instead of 71REK.jpg.

I looked and it's on the DLS. Same KUID and everything. So the CRG can fix it.
And if you read my post properly you would see I acknowledged that it was on the DLS.
We can not and will not fix a content creators errors with the mesh, when I say mesh I mean the 3dsmax, blender or gmax mesh it was exported from not the im file, the textures need remapping which is impossible without the original mesh and the program it was created in.
We are a very small number of volunteers with lives other than fixing assets for little appreciation, perhaps you would like to help repairing the 7500 plus and growing items that are on the list? Then perhaps we can get on with doing some of our own work.

Not a creator, but I am curious whether one could do something like this?

- Change the mesh to the tires as stated above by teddy toot
- Somehow "detach" it from the license plate position, so it doesn't show little wheels
- Optionally paste a license plate image into the bumper image as part of that image (if it is .tga)?

Not a creator, but I am curious whether one could do something like this?

- Change the mesh to the tires as stated above by teddy toot
- Somehow "detach" it from the license plate position, so it doesn't show little wheels
- Optionally paste a license plate image into the bumper image as part of that image (if it is .tga)?

Images are all jpgs, not that it makes any difference.
Unfortunately as I keep saying! it can only be done with the original model in whatever it was made in be it Gmax Max Blender etc, put another way the wheels have been assigned the same material as the numberplate, it can not be separated without reverse engineering the original mesh which is not within the CRGs allowed list of what we can do, basically we are not allowed to change the appearance or the creators intention, even if it is wrong.

What I did yesterday before I said it was un-repairable.
Car 15 is actually car 71 which is a bit strange, however I examined it in im editor and the wheel texture has been assigned correctly however it would appear that an error or corruption in the mesh has caused the numberplate texture to cover it up, to add to the problem on checking with mesh viewer, the wheel texture is not even listed. Result is as I said, it's not fixable.

It may seem like a simple fix to a non creator however due to the above problem it is not, plus the error is not in the asset, it is in an im in the mesh library at 2.9, we can only fix and upload at 3.5, in which case that would then need a complete update of the config which is minus any mesh table and full of obsolete tags and all the 23 meshes need listing in the mesh table as per the current requirement or it would produce the missing alias error. The vehicles are also all hi poly over 1000 without any lod. We tend to leave mesh libraries well alone anyway as altering them can cause problems for people using them for reskins and such. That library is used by msgsapper for example for his parked car assets.

It's had that problem for 8 years, was uploaded in 2012 and no one has spotted it before or not thought it was worth mentioning.

Finally the CRG is only authorised to fix errors as shown in CM or Manage Content, that stop an asset from working, not fix mesh errors, which is what this is. It does not show as faulty and it works even if it looks a bit odd, in this case if it was do-able I would have done it.

Unlikely that the creator is going to update an 8 year old mesh library when he has uploaded newer versions with lod and such, probably should have done some obsoleting along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back